An inquest has been opened and adjourned into the death of 14-year-old Liberty Baker.
The Henry Box School pupil was killed as she walked to school last Monday when a car mounted the kerb in Curbridge Road.
Yesterday at Oxfordshire Coroner’s Court coroner Darren Salter said a date for the hearing was yet to be decided. He said the preliminary cause of death was head injuries and adjourned for a review of the case on September 8.
- On Saturday we said an 18-year-old had been arrested on suspicion of dangerous driving. In fact it was death by dangerous driving. He was bailed to August 10.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS, SPORT and JAYDEN depending on what services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Our top stories
- Prisons' shake-up will be at heart of today's Queen's Speech
- Five things you need to know in Oxfordshire today
- TV Wildlife presenter Chris Packham speaks about his Aspergers, teenage struggles and attempts to get into Oxford University
- GALLERY: Prince William proves a hit with young and old students on Oxford visit
- Elections 2016 roundup: Everything you need to know for May 5
- Authorities search for solutions as graffiti in Oxford doubles in a year