The trial of the man who killed Jayden Parkinson was adjourned yesterday because a jury member was unwell.
Ben Blakeley, formerly of Christchurch Road, Reading, admits manslaughter and perverting the course of justice but denies murdering the 17-year-old on December 3 last year.
He is on trial alongside a 17-year-old who admits perverting the course of justice but denies preventing a lawful burial.
Today Blakeley is due to continue being cross-examined by prosecutor Richard Latham QC.
• You can subscribe to get alerts on the Jayden trial direct to your phone via our new WhatsApp service. Text JAYDEN and your full name to 07767 417704. Save the number in to your phone as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed
Our top stories:
- Sexual assaults are denied
- Authorities search for solutions as graffiti in Oxford doubles in a year
- Tackling cyber-crime and fraud are main priorities for Conservative police commissioner candidate
- Prime Minister says he has no offshore funds following Panama Papers leak
- Traders called on to support this summer's Cowley Road Carnival
- Tributes paid in Witney to former butcher and much-loved member of community