The trial of the man who killed Jayden Parkinson was adjourned yesterday because a jury member was unwell.
Ben Blakeley, formerly of Christchurch Road, Reading, admits manslaughter and perverting the course of justice but denies murdering the 17-year-old on December 3 last year.
He is on trial alongside a 17-year-old who admits perverting the course of justice but denies preventing a lawful burial.
Today Blakeley is due to continue being cross-examined by prosecutor Richard Latham QC.
• You can subscribe to get alerts on the Jayden trial direct to your phone via our new WhatsApp service. Text JAYDEN and your full name to 07767 417704. Save the number in to your phone as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed
Our top stories:
- Companies still signing up for jobs fair at Oxford Town Hall
- Hundreds will gather as soldier killed in Iraq is repatriated
- Staff and students celebrate actress's big win at the Golden Globes
- Inquests opened into death of couple who died in cottage fire on Blenheim Palace estate
- Inquest opened into death of pensioner found in River Ock in Abingdon
- Man wearing beanie hat exposes himself to woman on city street