GIFFORDS Circus is in Oxford this week to entertain visitors for the first time in the university parks.
It arrived on Thursday and performances are on all this week until Saturday, July 12.
Louise Van Beveren, who works in the box office at the circus, said: “This year’s show The Thunders explores the wonders of the ancient Greek world of myth and legend.”
Giffords Circus was launched by Oxford graduate Nell Gifford and husband Toti in 2000 and each year creates a show with a different theme.
For this year’s show Ms Gifford consulted Dr Llewelyn Morgan, an associate classics professor at Oxford University to ensure the show’s classical authenticity.
He said: “I think that the circus is a fascinating place to stage the Greek myths.’’ For further information visit giffordscircus.com
Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS, SPORT and JAYDEN depending on what services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Our top stories
- Managing director Greig Box Turnbull to leave Oxford United at end of season
- Companies still signing up for jobs fair at Oxford Town Hall
- Hundreds will gather as soldier killed in Iraq is repatriated
- Staff and students celebrate actress's big win at the Golden Globes
- Inquests opened into death of couple who died in cottage fire on Blenheim Palace estate
- Inquest opened into death of pensioner found in River Ock in Abingdon