GIFFORDS Circus is in Oxford this week to entertain visitors for the first time in the university parks.
It arrived on Thursday and performances are on all this week until Saturday, July 12.
Louise Van Beveren, who works in the box office at the circus, said: “This year’s show The Thunders explores the wonders of the ancient Greek world of myth and legend.”
Giffords Circus was launched by Oxford graduate Nell Gifford and husband Toti in 2000 and each year creates a show with a different theme.
For this year’s show Ms Gifford consulted Dr Llewelyn Morgan, an associate classics professor at Oxford University to ensure the show’s classical authenticity.
He said: “I think that the circus is a fascinating place to stage the Greek myths.’’ For further information visit giffordscircus.com
Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS, SPORT and JAYDEN depending on what services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Our top stories
- Oxford United send match tickets to fans caught up in season ticket delay
- Five things you need to know in Oxfordshire today
- Management consultants Newton Europe named Business of the Year at 2016 Oxfordshire Business Awards
- Eating Weetabix and brown rice could help prevent an early death say experts
- VIDEO: Kerry Reeves' mother bravely faces her 'beautiful' daughter's killers in emotional tribute
- Prisons' shake-up will be at heart of today's Queen's Speech