A peacemaker who tried to stop a nightclub fight received stitches after he was punched in the face.
The 20-year-old was attacked when he tried to stop two men arguing on the dancefloor of Lava Ignite, in Park End Street, Oxford, on Saturday between 1.45am and 2.15am.
The victim suffered a deep cut to his left cheek and was treated at Oxford’s John Radcliffe Hospital.
Police describe the attacker as a slim white man about 6ft tall, with brown hair. He wore a white T-shirt and jeans.
Our top stories:
- New faces around the county council cabinet table
- Oxfordshire detective is a contestant on Channel 4 survival show The Island with Bear Grylls
- Managing director Greig Box Turnbull to leave Oxford United at end of season
- Companies still signing up for jobs fair at Oxford Town Hall
- Hundreds will gather as soldier killed in Iraq is repatriated
- Staff and students celebrate actress's big win at the Golden Globes