The new Members of the European Parliament (MEPs) serving Oxfordshire will begin their term in office today.
Voters elected the 10 South East MEPs – including four UKIP representatives – in May.
The Conservative MEPs are Nirj Deva, Daniel Hannan and Richard Ashworth, while UKIP are represented by party leader Nigel Farage, Ray Finch, Janice Atkinson and Diane James.
Labour held on to their only South East seat occupied by Rose Hill resident Anneliese Dodds and East Oxford resident Catherine Bearder is the only Liberal Democrat MEP in Britain. Green Party representative Keith Taylor also held on to his seat for the next five-year term.
- Our top stories:
- UPDATE: Three more men arrested in connection with attempted murder after altercation in Banbury
- Oxford United v Swindon Town - UPDATES
- CLARIFICATION: Hygiene report of Delight 2 in Didcot
- Man 'obsessed' with BBC journalist goes on trial after allegedly breaching restraining order against her
- Families urged to consider signing up for organ donation
- Oxford United send match tickets to fans caught up in season ticket delay