The new Members of the European Parliament (MEPs) serving Oxfordshire will begin their term in office today.
Voters elected the 10 South East MEPs – including four UKIP representatives – in May.
The Conservative MEPs are Nirj Deva, Daniel Hannan and Richard Ashworth, while UKIP are represented by party leader Nigel Farage, Ray Finch, Janice Atkinson and Diane James.
Labour held on to their only South East seat occupied by Rose Hill resident Anneliese Dodds and East Oxford resident Catherine Bearder is the only Liberal Democrat MEP in Britain. Green Party representative Keith Taylor also held on to his seat for the next five-year term.
- Our top stories:
- Managing director Greig Box Turnbull to leave Oxford United at end of season
- Companies still signing up for jobs fair at Oxford Town Hall
- Hundreds will gather as soldier killed in Iraq is repatriated
- Staff and students celebrate actress's big win at the Golden Globes
- Inquests opened into death of couple who died in cottage fire on Blenheim Palace estate
- Inquest opened into death of pensioner found in River Ock in Abingdon