The new Members of the European Parliament (MEPs) serving Oxfordshire will begin their term in office today.
Voters elected the 10 South East MEPs – including four UKIP representatives – in May.
The Conservative MEPs are Nirj Deva, Daniel Hannan and Richard Ashworth, while UKIP are represented by party leader Nigel Farage, Ray Finch, Janice Atkinson and Diane James.
Labour held on to their only South East seat occupied by Rose Hill resident Anneliese Dodds and East Oxford resident Catherine Bearder is the only Liberal Democrat MEP in Britain. Green Party representative Keith Taylor also held on to his seat for the next five-year term.
- Our top stories:
- Sexual assaults are denied
- Authorities search for solutions as graffiti in Oxford doubles in a year
- Tackling cyber-crime and fraud are main priorities for Conservative police commissioner candidate
- Prime Minister says he has no offshore funds following Panama Papers leak
- Traders called on to support this summer's Cowley Road Carnival
- Tributes paid in Witney to former butcher and much-loved member of community