The new Members of the European Parliament (MEPs) serving Oxfordshire will begin their term in office today.
Voters elected the 10 South East MEPs – including four UKIP representatives – in May.
The Conservative MEPs are Nirj Deva, Daniel Hannan and Richard Ashworth, while UKIP are represented by party leader Nigel Farage, Ray Finch, Janice Atkinson and Diane James.
Labour held on to their only South East seat occupied by Rose Hill resident Anneliese Dodds and East Oxford resident Catherine Bearder is the only Liberal Democrat MEP in Britain. Green Party representative Keith Taylor also held on to his seat for the next five-year term.
- Our top stories:
- Oxford United send match tickets to fans caught up in season ticket delay
- Five things you need to know in Oxfordshire today
- Management consultants Newton Europe named Business of the Year at 2016 Oxfordshire Business Awards
- Eating Weetabix and brown rice could help prevent an early death say experts
- VIDEO: Kerry Reeves' mother bravely faces her 'beautiful' daughter's killers in emotional tribute
- Prisons' shake-up will be at heart of today's Queen's Speech