CHILDREN’S book favourite Angelina Ballerina and her mousey friends have pirouetted on to the stage.
The group are performing their new show, Angelina Ballerina The Mousical, at the New Theatre Oxford in George Street.
The show takes place in Chipping Cheddar, as Angelina and friends discover Camembert Academy has won the opportunity to appear in their favourite television programme Dancing With Mice!
Joanna Gregory, who plays Angelina, said: “It’s still quite early in the tour, but it is really fun going around all the theatres and seeing children enjoying the performances.
“It’s a really fun show. It’s absolutely stupendous.”
The cast, which also includes Sophie Summers as Gracie, Katharine McNamara as Alice, Miracle Chance as Viki, Tyler Scott as AJ and Darren Burkett as Marco, have already taken the tour to Australia.
Mr Burkett, from Canada, said: “The tour is going great. For me it’s nice to travel around this cool country and see the sights because I’m not from here. Oxford is really lovely. I’ve been here a couple of times before and really like it, so I’m glad to be back.”
The show is suitable for ages two upwards and tickets are still available for today’s shows at 11am, 2pm and 4.30pm.
New Theatre press officer, Stephanie Tye, said: “We’re really excited to have Angelina Ballerina here.
“It’s a fantastic fun show and we have loved seeing the reaction from the young audience. They have all loved it.”
Tickets can be booked by ringing 0844 871 3020 or visiting atgtickets.com/oxford
- Our top stories:
- Companies still signing up for jobs fair at Oxford Town Hall
- Hundreds will gather as soldier killed in Iraq is repatriated
- Staff and students celebrate actress's big win at the Golden Globes
- Inquests opened into death of couple who died in cottage fire on Blenheim Palace estate
- Inquest opened into death of pensioner found in River Ock in Abingdon
- Man wearing beanie hat exposes himself to woman on city street