TWO sets of roadworks in the south of the city combined to cause traffic misery in Oxford on Saturday.
The Southern Bypass remains on a reduced speed limit for the work to improve the Kennington roundabout.
There were also temporary traffic lights at Folly Bridge as Thames Water carried out its first day’s work of improvement works, which will continue until Wednesday.
The result brought swathes of the city to almost to a standstill.
There was heavy traffic on A423 Southern Bypass between A34 (Hinksey Hill Interchange) and A4144 Abingdon Road (Kennington Roundabout). And those travelling along the A40 towards Oxford were also stuck in long queues.
Oxford Bus Company said its city services were delayed by up to an hour as a result of the works.
- Our top stories:
- UPDATE: Three more men arrested in connection with attempted murder after altercation in Banbury
- Oxford United v Swindon Town - UPDATES
- CLARIFICATION: Hygiene report of Delight 2 in Didcot
- Man 'obsessed' with BBC journalist goes on trial after allegedly breaching restraining order against her
- Families urged to consider signing up for organ donation
- Oxford United send match tickets to fans caught up in season ticket delay