A campaign encouraging residents to keep their neighbourhood clean has been introduced in Littlemore.
Oxford City Council’s Cleaner, Greener Oxford campaign will target littering, graffiti, dog fouling and fly-tipping within the area by imposing on-the-spot fines of £80.
The campaign was launched in the area on Saturday and will run throughout this month.
The council will also work with agencies to improve recycling and waste issues.
- Our top stories:
- Hundreds will gather as soldier killed in Iraq is repatriated
- Staff and students celebrate actress's big win at the Golden Globes
- Inquests opened into death of couple who died in cottage fire on Blenheim Palace estate
- Inquest opened into death of pensioner found in River Ock in Abingdon
- Man wearing beanie hat exposes himself to woman on city street
- Chain running Randolph Hotel in Oxford in 'best shape ever' after announcing £55m profit