A YELLOW rain warning for Oxfordshire remains in force with forecasts of heavy rain and thunderstorms this afternoon.
The Met Office put the warning in place on Thursday for the south east and its latest forecast says: "Following a lull in activity overnight, further slow-moving thundery downpours will develop during Saturday. This is an update of the warning first issued on Thursday, separating Friday and Saturday, to more clearly differentiate the perceived risks and areas to be affected."
The more specific Oxford forecast has light rain coming in mid-morning and heavy rain mid and late afternoon. Light rain then looks likely through the night.
The Met Office yellow warning is to alert people to the potential for localised flooding.
Turning to other sources, there is a chance of thunderstorms during the afternoon.
- We'd love to see your weather pictures. Email them to our picturedesk, tweet them via @TheOxfordMail or now you can send them via WhatsApp to 07767 417704
Our top stories:
- UPDATE: Three more men arrested in connection with attempted murder after altercation in Banbury
- Oxford United v Swindon Town - UPDATES
- CLARIFICATION: Hygiene report of Delight 2 in Didcot
- Man 'obsessed' with BBC journalist goes on trial after allegedly breaching restraining order against her
- Families urged to consider signing up for organ donation
- Oxford United send match tickets to fans caught up in season ticket delay