A PAEDOPHILE has been jailed for 14 years after abusing four Oxford girls aged between six and 10.
Danny Prin, 37, abused the children between 1993 and 1995.
He was convicted and sentenced at Oxford Crown Court yesterday.
The Bicester resident, of Kennet Close, was convicted of 10 counts of indecent assault, six of indecency with children and four of rape relating to the four victims.
After being charged on November 7 last year, he pleaded guilty to one count of indecent assault, and a jury unanimously agreed that he was guilty of the other counts. He was acquitted of one other count.
Investigating officer Det Con Matthew Hodgetts said:”Recent high-profile trials of celebrities obscure the fact that the victims of historic abuse of children are often ordinary people, and that, in the main, the offenders are also not in the public eye.
“In this case, the crimes occurred 20 years ago, but it would be wrong just to leave events in the past.
“As the victims gave evidence it became apparent that what happened has continued to affect them.
“I hope that the fact that a jury has believed them will help them move forward with their lives.
“To others who are suffering in silence, this case shows that it is never too late to come forward to seek justice.”
- Our top stories:
- Sexual assaults are denied
- Authorities search for solutions as graffiti in Oxford doubles in a year
- Tackling cyber-crime and fraud are main priorities for Conservative police commissioner candidate
- Prime Minister says he has no offshore funds following Panama Papers leak
- Traders called on to support this summer's Cowley Road Carnival
- Tributes paid in Witney to former butcher and much-loved member of community
- Successful education scheme from Oxford charity to be rolled out across the UK
- Stunt actor from Oxford meets his match on Take Me Out
- 11 years on, pupils jump for joy over installation of crossing
- Barton gets £4m cash boost to transform estate’s homes and shops
- Time-travelling story takes top spot in our Ox Tales competition
- Former Oxford City director Thomas Guerriero pleads guilty to $6.6m fraud
- Police confirm dead baby was newborn and renew desperate appeal to find mother
- Adam says yes after reading girlfriend's Leap Day proposal on the Oxford Mail website