A SEVERE weather warning has this morning been issued as heavy rain is expected to hit Oxfordshire tomorrow and again on Saturday.
The Met Office issued the warning as heavy and thundery showers are due to come to the south east between 4am on Friday and 9pm on Saturday.
Some areas could see between 15-20 mm of rain in an hour or less and perhaps 40mm in 2 or 3 hours. There could also be hail and lightning.
The warning states: “The public should be aware that the resulting downpours may lead to localised flooding and potential disruption to transport and outdoor events.”
- Our top stories:
- Companies still signing up for jobs fair at Oxford Town Hall
- Hundreds will gather as soldier killed in Iraq is repatriated
- Staff and students celebrate actress's big win at the Golden Globes
- Inquests opened into death of couple who died in cottage fire on Blenheim Palace estate
- Inquest opened into death of pensioner found in River Ock in Abingdon
- Man wearing beanie hat exposes himself to woman on city street
- Chain running Randolph Hotel in Oxford in 'best shape ever' after announcing £55m profit
- Cyclist and car involved in collision outside Seacourt Tower
- Oxford United vow to act quickly to resolve flag-waving dispute
- UPDATE: Three more men arrested in connection with attempted murder after altercation in Banbury
- Oxford United v Swindon Town - UPDATES
- CLARIFICATION: Hygiene report of Delight 2 in Didcot
- Man 'obsessed' with BBC journalist goes on trial after allegedly breaching restraining order against her
- Families urged to consider signing up for organ donation