LIGHTNING strikes damaged three Oxfordshire houses this morning, the fire service has said.
Storms hit late last night, with forked lightning bolts reported across the county.
Firefighters were called after one Oxford home was struck by a lightning bolt.
A crew from the Oxfordshire Fire and Rescue Service were called to Canning Crescent, off Abingdon Road, at 1.59am.
A spokeswoman said: “This was a two-storey, end terrace, domestic property. There was lightning strike damage to the eave of the roof.
“Salvage work was carried out by the fire service.”
There was a fire at Lime Trees, off Town End, Chilton, near Didcot.
Fire crews were called at 12.16am.
A spokeswoman said: “This was a fire in the bedroom of a detached property.
"Breathing apparatus, two hose reels, thermal imaging camera was in use.”
A fire also broke out at a workshop in Gatehampton Farm near Goring and fire crews were called out at 12.31am.
A spokeswoman said: “The fire was caused by a lightning strike. The fire service used two hose reels.”
No one was reported injured in any of the fires.
- Our top stories:
- Managing director Greig Box Turnbull to leave Oxford United at end of season
- Companies still signing up for jobs fair at Oxford Town Hall
- Hundreds will gather as soldier killed in Iraq is repatriated
- Staff and students celebrate actress's big win at the Golden Globes
- Inquests opened into death of couple who died in cottage fire on Blenheim Palace estate
- Inquest opened into death of pensioner found in River Ock in Abingdon
- Man wearing beanie hat exposes himself to woman on city street
- Chain running Randolph Hotel in Oxford in 'best shape ever' after announcing £55m profit
- Cyclist and car involved in collision outside Seacourt Tower
- Oxford United vow to act quickly to resolve flag-waving dispute
- UPDATE: Three more men arrested in connection with attempted murder after altercation in Banbury
- Oxford United v Swindon Town - UPDATES
- CLARIFICATION: Hygiene report of Delight 2 in Didcot
- Man 'obsessed' with BBC journalist goes on trial after allegedly breaching restraining order against her