HOLLYWOOD star Harrison Ford has reportedly been taken to Oxford’s John Radcliffe Hospital after being hit by a hydraulic door while filming the new Star Wars movie.
The 71-year-old was filming Star Wars: Episode VII at Pinewood Studios in Buckinghamshire when he was hit by the falling door.
He was then taken to the Headington hospital by air ambulance with a suspected fracture to his ankle.
Lucasfilm has confirmed the actor had broken his ankle.
A spokesman for Thames Valley Police said: "We were called just after 5pm to reports of a 71-year-old man being injured in an incident believed to involve a garage door.
"The man was airlifted to John Radcliffe Hospital with injuries which are not believed to be life-threatening.
"The Health and Safety Executive is investigating."
A spokesman for franchise owner Disney, said: "Harrison Ford sustained an ankle injury during filming today on the set of Star Wars: Episode VII. He was taken to a local hospital and is receiving care.
"Shooting will continue as planned while he recuperates."
A spokeswoman for South Central Ambulance Service said: "We were called at 4.24pm to Pinewood to reports of a 71-year-old male who had sustained an injury to his ankle from a door that had fallen."
The latest Star Wars instalment began production last month, with original cast members of the Star Wars Trilogy Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher joining Ford, who plays Han Solo.
- Our top stories:
7:00am Thursday 2nd October 2014
FLOOD victims left devastated after a water main burst in their street have rallied together in the aftermath of the disaster.
6:30am Thursday 2nd October 2014
PLANS for a memorial to the Oxford residents who died in the Spanish civil war look to have hit a brick wall.
4:11pm Wednesday 1st October 2014
THE Army has said it will apologise to a paratrooper who lost three limbs in Afghanistan after his complaint of bullying was upheld.
11:38am Wednesday 1st October 2014
A job centre was cordoned off after reports of a suspicious package.
10:52am Wednesday 1st October 2014
PARTS of the A34 and Walton Street will be closed next week as roadworks are carried out.
9:00am Wednesday 1st October 2014
ANGRY residents flooded out of their homes say they are being left in the dark by Thames Water a week after disaster struck.