HOLLYWOOD star Harrison Ford has reportedly been taken to Oxford’s John Radcliffe Hospital after being hit by a hydraulic door while filming the new Star Wars movie.
The 71-year-old was filming Star Wars: Episode VII at Pinewood Studios in Buckinghamshire when he was hit by the falling door.
He was then taken to the Headington hospital by air ambulance with a suspected fracture to his ankle.
Lucasfilm has confirmed the actor had broken his ankle.
A spokesman for Thames Valley Police said: "We were called just after 5pm to reports of a 71-year-old man being injured in an incident believed to involve a garage door.
"The man was airlifted to John Radcliffe Hospital with injuries which are not believed to be life-threatening.
"The Health and Safety Executive is investigating."
A spokesman for franchise owner Disney, said: "Harrison Ford sustained an ankle injury during filming today on the set of Star Wars: Episode VII. He was taken to a local hospital and is receiving care.
"Shooting will continue as planned while he recuperates."
A spokeswoman for South Central Ambulance Service said: "We were called at 4.24pm to Pinewood to reports of a 71-year-old male who had sustained an injury to his ankle from a door that had fallen."
The latest Star Wars instalment began production last month, with original cast members of the Star Wars Trilogy Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher joining Ford, who plays Han Solo.
- Our top stories:
8:30am Thursday 2nd July 2015
AMBITIOUS proposals for £1.6bn of transport and development schemes in Oxfordshire have been unveiled by a partnership of businesses, universities and councils.
7:49pm Thursday 2nd July 2015
ABOUT 40 Oxford residents attended a rally outside the Bodleian Library in solidarity with the people of Greece today.
5:48pm Thursday 2nd July 2015
DRIVERS are facing delays as an accident has blocked one lane of the A34 Western By Pass Road southbound.
5:29pm Thursday 2nd July 2015
A TEENAGE girl was confronted by a group of men and sexually assaulted in Wheatley in the early hours of this morning, [2/7] police said.
4:04pm Thursday 2nd July 2015
The bodies of nine victims of the Tunisian beach massacre have been returned to the UK, as the final British death toll was confirmed at 30.