HOLLYWOOD star Harrison Ford has reportedly been taken to Oxford’s John Radcliffe Hospital after being hit by a hydraulic door while filming the new Star Wars movie.
The 71-year-old was filming Star Wars: Episode VII at Pinewood Studios in Buckinghamshire when he was hit by the falling door.
He was then taken to the Headington hospital by air ambulance with a suspected fracture to his ankle.
Lucasfilm has confirmed the actor had broken his ankle.
A spokesman for Thames Valley Police said: "We were called just after 5pm to reports of a 71-year-old man being injured in an incident believed to involve a garage door.
"The man was airlifted to John Radcliffe Hospital with injuries which are not believed to be life-threatening.
"The Health and Safety Executive is investigating."
A spokesman for franchise owner Disney, said: "Harrison Ford sustained an ankle injury during filming today on the set of Star Wars: Episode VII. He was taken to a local hospital and is receiving care.
"Shooting will continue as planned while he recuperates."
A spokeswoman for South Central Ambulance Service said: "We were called at 4.24pm to Pinewood to reports of a 71-year-old male who had sustained an injury to his ankle from a door that had fallen."
The latest Star Wars instalment began production last month, with original cast members of the Star Wars Trilogy Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher joining Ford, who plays Han Solo.
8:30am Thursday 30th July 2015
A DIGGER is now on the scene at Brasenose Driftway where police say canisters containing an unknown substance have caused soil contamination.
6:30am Thursday 30th July 2015
COUNCIL leader Matthew Barber yesterday said decisions over the failed £100 million West Way scheme were made “in good faith”.
6:19pm Thursday 30th July 2015
PLANS to invest £5m in a homeless housing scheme to combat a crisis in temporary accommodation in Oxford have been backed by councillors.
4:15pm Thursday 30th July 2015
A MAN has been arrested after an attempted rape in Sandford-on-Thames earlier today.
INCREASING numbers of people apparently taking nitrous oxide gas in north Oxfordshire has prompted police to issue a warning on the dangers.
10:14am Thursday 30th July 2015
A FAMILY of five escaped with their lives from a serious fire at their home in Bicester last night.