MOST weddings feature plenty of pastel dresses and groomsmen in black tie, but Iffley couple Chloe Horner and Tom Sharp decided to buck tradition by having a fancy dress wedding.
Guests arrived at the ceremony at Grove House eco-home in Iffley, on Saturday dressed as centaurs, Freddie Mercury and even Boy George.
Mrs Horner, owner of the Oxfork cafe in Magdalen Road, said: “I’d always wanted to do it. Weddings can be so formulaic and we knew a lot of our friends would be up for it, so we just did it.
“It was ‘fancy dress or dress fancy’, so we had quite a few people come in traditional dress.”
Mrs Horner, 36, also shunned the expected bridal garb. She said: “I’ve always quite fancied getting married in red, but I’m six months’ pregnant so finding a dress was quite an ordeal. I got one eventually and a friend made the veil.”
Technician Mr Sharp, 32, said: “I asked her if she was sure, but I thought it was a great idea. It’s a pretty good reflection of our relationship.”
Top News Our top stories:
- Prisons' shake-up will be at heart of today's Queen's Speech
- Five things you need to know in Oxfordshire today
- TV Wildlife presenter Chris Packham speaks about his Aspergers, teenage struggles and attempts to get into Oxford University
- GALLERY: Prince William proves a hit with young and old students on Oxford visit
- Elections 2016 roundup: Everything you need to know for May 5
- Authorities search for solutions as graffiti in Oxford doubles in a year
- Tackling cyber-crime and fraud are main priorities for Conservative police commissioner candidate
- Prime Minister says he has no offshore funds following Panama Papers leak
- Traders called on to support this summer's Cowley Road Carnival
- Tributes paid in Witney to former butcher and much-loved member of community
- Successful education scheme from Oxford charity to be rolled out across the UK
- Stunt actor from Oxford meets his match on Take Me Out
- 11 years on, pupils jump for joy over installation of crossing
- Barton gets £4m cash boost to transform estate’s homes and shops