A sliproad has opened on the A40 following a bus fire, but there are still heavy delays.
Oxfordshire Fire and Rescue service was called to the Oxford-bound carriageway just before the Thornhill Park and Ride at 3.56pm.
The fire on the bus was put out and nobody was injured.
The slip road from Wheatley on to the A40 has now reopened following the earlier fire.
The M40 slip road is still closed according to traffic reports.
Oxford Bus Company has said its services to London and its airports will divert via Watlington while its U1 service will be unable to serve Wheatley and will terminate at the Green Road roundabout.
- Video from reader Luke Hnat
- Video from Tiago Lucas
An Oxford Bus Company spokesman said; “One of our U1 Brookes Bus services from Wheatley was approaching the Green Road roundabout when the driver noticed smoke coming from the rear of the vehicle.
“He immediately pulled up and got all the passers off safely before the bus burst into flames. The fire brigade was called to put out the fire.
“As soon as the vehicle is taken to our depot an inquiry will be held to find out what happened.”
All our Airline and X90 services will divert via Watlington Oxford bound.— Oxford Bus Company (@OxfordBusCo) June 6, 2014
The Southern Bypass has also seen huge tailbacks due to roadworks.
Drivers are also queuing on the M40 after an accident blocked off one lane.
The accident happened on the northbound side between Bicester and Cherwell Valley Services.
Thames Valley Police has said it was not called to the incident.
- Updates will be posted automatically on our Live Traffic Service.
- Our top stories:
- Oxford United v Swindon Town - UPDATES
- CLARIFICATION: Hygiene report of Delight 2 in Didcot
- Man 'obsessed' with BBC journalist goes on trial after allegedly breaching restraining order against her
- Families urged to consider signing up for organ donation
- Oxford United send match tickets to fans caught up in season ticket delay
- Five things you need to know in Oxfordshire today