Thames Valley Police has called in the police watchdog to look at its handling of an unexplained death of a woman last year.
Caron Kiernan died aged 54 in Charlton-on-Otmoor, near Kidlington, on December 19, 2013.
The force was required to refer itself to the Independent Police Complaints Commission (IPCC) because Ms Kiernan had recent contact with the police before she died.
The date for an inquest into her death has not been set.
Our top stories:
- Elections 2016 roundup: Everything you need to know for May 5
- Authorities search for solutions as graffiti in Oxford doubles in a year
- Tackling cyber-crime and fraud are main priorities for Conservative police commissioner candidate
- Prime Minister says he has no offshore funds following Panama Papers leak
- Traders called on to support this summer's Cowley Road Carnival
- Tributes paid in Witney to former butcher and much-loved member of community