Thames Valley Police has called in the police watchdog to look at its handling of an unexplained death of a woman last year.
Caron Kiernan died aged 54 in Charlton-on-Otmoor, near Kidlington, on December 19, 2013.
The force was required to refer itself to the Independent Police Complaints Commission (IPCC) because Ms Kiernan had recent contact with the police before she died.
The date for an inquest into her death has not been set.
Our top stories:
- Managing director Greig Box Turnbull to leave Oxford United at end of season
- Companies still signing up for jobs fair at Oxford Town Hall
- Hundreds will gather as soldier killed in Iraq is repatriated
- Staff and students celebrate actress's big win at the Golden Globes
- Inquests opened into death of couple who died in cottage fire on Blenheim Palace estate
- Inquest opened into death of pensioner found in River Ock in Abingdon