FRIENDS and family will hold a fundraising event in memory of an Oxford teenager who died at a city NHS unit.
Tomorrow night’s event at Oxford Sports and Social Club will remember Connor Sparrowhawk, 18, pictured.
The “epic party night” will raise funds for the Justice for LB campaign.
The Headington teenager was found in a bath at Slade House, Horspath Driftway, last July. It is believed he drowned after an epileptic fit.
More regular checks on him and better assessments could have prevented his death, an independent investigation reported in February.
The party is being held at the Horspath Road centre from 7.30-11.30pm and includes live music, a DJ, bar and food. Tickets are £10 for adults, £7 for teenagers and under-13s can go for free.
Two units that make up Slade House were shut to new patients by Care Quality Commission inspectors in September. It raised concerns about nurses not interacting with staff, faulty equipment and medicines not being safely administered.
It demanded action on all 10 standards from Southern Health NHS Foundation Trust. Three were lifted in January and six this month but action was still needed on respecting and involving users.
Our top stories:
- Companies still signing up for jobs fair at Oxford Town Hall
- Hundreds will gather as soldier killed in Iraq is repatriated
- Staff and students celebrate actress's big win at the Golden Globes
- Inquests opened into death of couple who died in cottage fire on Blenheim Palace estate
- Inquest opened into death of pensioner found in River Ock in Abingdon
- Man wearing beanie hat exposes himself to woman on city street