FRIENDS and family will hold a fundraising event in memory of an Oxford teenager who died at a city NHS unit.
Tomorrow night’s event at Oxford Sports and Social Club will remember Connor Sparrowhawk, 18, pictured.
The “epic party night” will raise funds for the Justice for LB campaign.
The Headington teenager was found in a bath at Slade House, Horspath Driftway, last July. It is believed he drowned after an epileptic fit.
More regular checks on him and better assessments could have prevented his death, an independent investigation reported in February.
The party is being held at the Horspath Road centre from 7.30-11.30pm and includes live music, a DJ, bar and food. Tickets are £10 for adults, £7 for teenagers and under-13s can go for free.
Two units that make up Slade House were shut to new patients by Care Quality Commission inspectors in September. It raised concerns about nurses not interacting with staff, faulty equipment and medicines not being safely administered.
It demanded action on all 10 standards from Southern Health NHS Foundation Trust. Three were lifted in January and six this month but action was still needed on respecting and involving users.
Our top stories:
- Oxford United v Swindon Town - UPDATES
- CLARIFICATION: Hygiene report of Delight 2 in Didcot
- Man 'obsessed' with BBC journalist goes on trial after allegedly breaching restraining order against her
- Families urged to consider signing up for organ donation
- Oxford United send match tickets to fans caught up in season ticket delay
- Five things you need to know in Oxfordshire today