A 50-year-old homeless man died of an overdose of mixed drugs and alcohol, the Oxfordshire Coroner’s Court heard.
Baldave Singh was said to be found unresponsive shortly after midnight on May 9 at the O’Hanlon House night shelter, in Oxford, where he was staying.
Another resident raised the alarm, coroner Darren Salter said on Thursday. However, Mr Singh was pronounced dead by parademics soon after 1am.
An inquest into his death has been adjourned until September 9.
- Our top stories:
- Managing director Greig Box Turnbull to leave Oxford United at end of season
- Companies still signing up for jobs fair at Oxford Town Hall
- Hundreds will gather as soldier killed in Iraq is repatriated
- Staff and students celebrate actress's big win at the Golden Globes
- Inquests opened into death of couple who died in cottage fire on Blenheim Palace estate
- Inquest opened into death of pensioner found in River Ock in Abingdon
- Man wearing beanie hat exposes himself to woman on city street
- Chain running Randolph Hotel in Oxford in 'best shape ever' after announcing £55m profit
- Cyclist and car involved in collision outside Seacourt Tower
- Oxford United vow to act quickly to resolve flag-waving dispute
- UPDATE: Three more men arrested in connection with attempted murder after altercation in Banbury
- Oxford United v Swindon Town - UPDATES
- CLARIFICATION: Hygiene report of Delight 2 in Didcot
- Man 'obsessed' with BBC journalist goes on trial after allegedly breaching restraining order against her