A burning dinner was mistaken for a house fire in Blackbird Leys, Oxford.
Two fire crews, from Slade Park and Rewley Road, went to the house in Juniper Road after a neighbour heard the smoke alarms sounding and noticed the smell of smoke.
No-one was inside, but a small pan of food was slightly burning on the stove.
Firefighters climbed into the house through an open window and cleared the smoke before any damage was caused, with the homeowner coming back as the crews were leaving.
It took place on Tuesday, but fire crews have only just released the information.
- Our top stories:
- Hundreds will gather as soldier killed in Iraq is repatriated
- Staff and students celebrate actress's big win at the Golden Globes
- Inquests opened into death of couple who died in cottage fire on Blenheim Palace estate
- Inquest opened into death of pensioner found in River Ock in Abingdon
- Man wearing beanie hat exposes himself to woman on city street
- Chain running Randolph Hotel in Oxford in 'best shape ever' after announcing £55m profit
- Cyclist and car involved in collision outside Seacourt Tower
- Oxford United vow to act quickly to resolve flag-waving dispute
- UPDATE: Three more men arrested in connection with attempted murder after altercation in Banbury
- Oxford United v Swindon Town - UPDATES
- CLARIFICATION: Hygiene report of Delight 2 in Didcot
- Man 'obsessed' with BBC journalist goes on trial after allegedly breaching restraining order against her
- Families urged to consider signing up for organ donation
- Oxford United send match tickets to fans caught up in season ticket delay