Police have dropped their investigation into the claim a woman was raped in the city centre last Thursday.
A police spokeswoman confirmed tonight that no crime had taken place.
Officers were called at about 3.15am on Thursday and told that the woman had been attacked in Bulwarks Lane. The alleyway and the neighbouring George Street Mews were cordoned off by officers, as was an area of South Park.
A 26-year-old man was arrested but was freed on Thursday evening.
Our top stories:
- Authorities search for solutions as graffiti in Oxford doubles in a year
- Tackling cyber-crime and fraud are main priorities for Conservative police commissioner candidate
- Prime Minister says he has no offshore funds following Panama Papers leak
- Traders called on to support this summer's Cowley Road Carnival
- Tributes paid in Witney to former butcher and much-loved member of community
- Successful education scheme from Oxford charity to be rolled out across the UK
- Stunt actor from Oxford meets his match on Take Me Out
- 11 years on, pupils jump for joy over installation of crossing
- Barton gets £4m cash boost to transform estate’s homes and shops
- Time-travelling story takes top spot in our Ox Tales competition
- Former Oxford City director Thomas Guerriero pleads guilty to $6.6m fraud
- Police confirm dead baby was newborn and renew desperate appeal to find mother
- Adam says yes after reading girlfriend's Leap Day proposal on the Oxford Mail website
- Council planning new PSPO to tackle illegal boaters in Oxford