I’m afraid Mr Alan Patterson (There is no law against flying our nation’s flag’, September 2) you are wrong. In these circumstances you have to have a flagpole to fly a flag and to have a flagpole you have to have planning approval.
Nick Duval, School Road, Kidlington
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone's contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
- Send your Letter to the Editor: What do you think? We welcome letters from our readers on a wide variety of subjects and you can send us a letter for publication here
- It’s drivers not the road to blame for A34 crash
- With cash spent you’d expect Olympic results
- Three cheers for NHS
- Speed limit of 50mph could stop such carnage on A34
- Shopping centre is in need of a defibrillator