It’s 50 years since the Rolling Stones played a show at Oxford’s Town Hall as part of their rise to become perhaps Britain’s most well known group after The Beatles and certainly its most long lasting.
I’m compiling a people's history of the Stones and if any of your readers were at the show back in 1963 and would like to share their memories – who they went with, what they remember of the gig, whether they enjoyed it – I’d love to hear from them either by email or post.
Email email@example.com or write to me at the address below.
Richard Houghton, 32 Manor Avenue, Preston PR2 8DN
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
- Send your Letter to the Editor: What do you think? We welcome letters from our readers on a wide variety of subjects and you can send us a letter for publication here
- Today’s letters
- Help us trace M40 angels
- Is Government's EU leaflet a good use of taxpayer money?
- Cameron and Osborne's tax affairs mask real issue of cuts to poorest
- Barnsley supporter: Oxford United did you all proud at Wembley
- Is canal wharf the future of Worcester Street car park?
- Young people have most to lose if Britain votes to leave EU