I read with interest your report of a fellow Rifleman in Kidlington being told by his housing authority to stop flying the Union Flag because it was causing offence.
Your article goes on to say that complaints have been made.
If this is true then those who made these complaints should come forward and say why the flag of the United Kingdom that represents our tolerance, freedom of speech, religious freedom and many other values offends them.
If, as the housing association says, there is a planning issue over the flag pole and other flags that have been flown, surely there can be an amicable solution to allow Rfn Bishop to continue to show his patriotism by flying with pride the Union Flag.
In my capacity as Chairman of the Oxford Branch of The Royal Green Jackets Association I would be happy to assist in resolving this issue.
Once a Rifleman always a Rifleman.
Swift and Bold.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
- Send your Letter to the Editor: What do you think? We welcome letters from our readers on a wide variety of subjects and you can send us a letter for publication here
- Today’s letters
- All residents invited to Bonn Week celebrations
- Both United and their fans were magnificent
- Letter: Worried about impact of the rise in red kites
- Letter: Why do we send aid to those suffering famine?
- Letter: Super-council’s on its way whether you like it or not
- Letter: We’re trying to end the schools postcode lottery