I am surprised that First Minister Alex Salmond thinks an independent Scotland would take over five years to get rid of nuclear submarines.
For what these vessels have cost, one would have thought that they would be able to sail down the Clyde and out of Scottish waters in but a few hours. Whilst any weapons of mass destruction that they were unable to take with them could be sent on by road the following day.
John Eoin Douglas
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
- Send your Letter to the Editor: What do you think? We welcome letters from our readers on a wide variety of subjects and you can send us a letter for publication here
- Today’s letters
- All residents invited to Bonn Week celebrations
- Both United and their fans were magnificent
- Letter: Worried about impact of the rise in red kites
- Letter: Why do we send aid to those suffering famine?
- Letter: Super-council’s on its way whether you like it or not
- Letter: We’re trying to end the schools postcode lottery