OUR wonderful Nuffield Orthopaedic Centre appears to have fallen under Government pressure to ease the long wait for appointments.
I had an appointment at the NOC for carpel tunnel problems on July 3 at 4.10pm. I had phoned the day before to check the time was correct and was asked if the appointment could be earlier as one of the doctors had an emergency.
I agreed, so 2pm was agreed for July 3. I duly attended and was seen by a doctor who recommended surgery in September as too many cortisone injections could damage hand bones and muscles.
Today, July 8, just days after the attended appointment, I received a letter from the NOC, telling me of the change of appointment time (that had passed and was attended) to the same July 3 day and 2pm time.
So, I phoned the NOC to see why I had received the letter five days after the appointment had been attended.
The NOC was not aware that I had attended and the doctor had seen me.
It seems the record keeping is failing because of Government pressure to fit in more appointments.
- MPs should challenge school funding formula
- Blind adherence to blanket parking policy inappropriate
- Smaller wheelie bins will lead to more flytipping
- Depressing preview of traffic around new mall
- Shocked by the number of homeless in the city
- Swan school plan should be abandoned now
Want to give your opinion? Email firstname.lastname@example.org