I am writing concerning the publicity over RWE nPower’s decision to blow up the Didcot Power Station cooling towers in the dark, thus depriving the community at large an opportunity to view this long-awaited spectacle.
I have a suggestion which I hope RWE nPower gives serious consideration to before they blow up the main chimney.
That a draw/raffle is held, say £1 a ticket. The winning ticket holders push the detonator button and all proceeds go to local charities.
This practice was widely used in the days of the old central electricity generating board, at the end of a power station’s life and not only created valuable community involvement but also raised valued donations for local charities.
How about it RWE nPower?
(Cllr) DES HEALY
Didcot Town Council
- It's time for a change in the law to stop all of this stupidity
- Judge did the right thing in treatment of student
- Is there a message in the two election posters?
- A cringe-worthy example of the Brexiteers’ logic
- There must be better ways to spend this £25m
- Westgate will not be a good idea for Oxford
Want to give your opinion? Email email@example.com