I am writing concerning the publicity over RWE nPower’s decision to blow up the Didcot Power Station cooling towers in the dark, thus depriving the community at large an opportunity to view this long-awaited spectacle.
I have a suggestion which I hope RWE nPower gives serious consideration to before they blow up the main chimney.
That a draw/raffle is held, say £1 a ticket. The winning ticket holders push the detonator button and all proceeds go to local charities.
This practice was widely used in the days of the old central electricity generating board, at the end of a power station’s life and not only created valuable community involvement but also raised valued donations for local charities.
How about it RWE nPower?
(Cllr) DES HEALY
Didcot Town Council
- Racist abuse of doctor was absolutely vile
- Noise problem has now been resolved
- Migrants are vital to all of our health services
- Need to work together to build stronger communities
- Decision to leave EU is not binding, it’s advisory
- Britain’s future is at great risk from the Brexit vote
Want to give your opinion? Email firstname.lastname@example.org