I am writing concerning the publicity over RWE nPower’s decision to blow up the Didcot Power Station cooling towers in the dark, thus depriving the community at large an opportunity to view this long-awaited spectacle.
I have a suggestion which I hope RWE nPower gives serious consideration to before they blow up the main chimney.
That a draw/raffle is held, say £1 a ticket. The winning ticket holders push the detonator button and all proceeds go to local charities.
This practice was widely used in the days of the old central electricity generating board, at the end of a power station’s life and not only created valuable community involvement but also raised valued donations for local charities.
How about it RWE nPower?
(Cllr) DES HEALY
Didcot Town Council
- It’s drivers not the road to blame for A34 crash
- With cash spent you’d expect Olympic results
- Three cheers for NHS
- Speed limit of 50mph could stop such carnage on A34
- Shopping centre is in need of a defibrillator
- Greens seem happy to accept the status quo
Want to give your opinion? Email email@example.com