I am writing concerning the publicity over RWE nPower’s decision to blow up the Didcot Power Station cooling towers in the dark, thus depriving the community at large an opportunity to view this long-awaited spectacle.
I have a suggestion which I hope RWE nPower gives serious consideration to before they blow up the main chimney.
That a draw/raffle is held, say £1 a ticket. The winning ticket holders push the detonator button and all proceeds go to local charities.
This practice was widely used in the days of the old central electricity generating board, at the end of a power station’s life and not only created valuable community involvement but also raised valued donations for local charities.
How about it RWE nPower?
(Cllr) DES HEALY
Didcot Town Council
- Numbers need to add up for our schools
- Lack of cycling culture needs to be addressed
- Thanks to Steve and his workforce for efforts
- Councillors to blame for Deer Park surgery crisis
- County council staff are our public servants
- Joined-up service with common sense needed
Want to give your opinion? Email email@example.com