I am writing concerning the publicity over RWE nPower’s decision to blow up the Didcot Power Station cooling towers in the dark, thus depriving the community at large an opportunity to view this long-awaited spectacle.
I have a suggestion which I hope RWE nPower gives serious consideration to before they blow up the main chimney.
That a draw/raffle is held, say £1 a ticket. The winning ticket holders push the detonator button and all proceeds go to local charities.
This practice was widely used in the days of the old central electricity generating board, at the end of a power station’s life and not only created valuable community involvement but also raised valued donations for local charities.
How about it RWE nPower?
(Cllr) DES HEALY
Didcot Town Council
- In verse: The dangers of using mobile while driving
- Someone must take rap for bureaucratic bungling
- Drivers using mobiles must face stiffer penalties
- County needs to ‘get a grip’ and help Oxfordshire public
- Joe was a terrific boss, and his death a sad loss
- Thanks for helping the elderly with essential bus
Want to give your opinion? Email firstname.lastname@example.org