I am writing concerning the publicity over RWE nPower’s decision to blow up the Didcot Power Station cooling towers in the dark, thus depriving the community at large an opportunity to view this long-awaited spectacle.
I have a suggestion which I hope RWE nPower gives serious consideration to before they blow up the main chimney.
That a draw/raffle is held, say £1 a ticket. The winning ticket holders push the detonator button and all proceeds go to local charities.
This practice was widely used in the days of the old central electricity generating board, at the end of a power station’s life and not only created valuable community involvement but also raised valued donations for local charities.
How about it RWE nPower?
(Cllr) DES HEALY
Didcot Town Council
- We’re still championing St Ebbe’s 50 years on
- A34: The only solution is to widen to three lanes
- Licence is needed to view downloaded TV shows
- Average speed cameras are the way forward
- Defending heritage over extension proposals
- Roadworks show no sign of coordinated plans
Want to give your opinion? Email firstname.lastname@example.org