I am writing concerning the publicity over RWE nPower’s decision to blow up the Didcot Power Station cooling towers in the dark, thus depriving the community at large an opportunity to view this long-awaited spectacle.
I have a suggestion which I hope RWE nPower gives serious consideration to before they blow up the main chimney.
That a draw/raffle is held, say £1 a ticket. The winning ticket holders push the detonator button and all proceeds go to local charities.
This practice was widely used in the days of the old central electricity generating board, at the end of a power station’s life and not only created valuable community involvement but also raised valued donations for local charities.
How about it RWE nPower?
(Cllr) DES HEALY
Didcot Town Council
- It is time for Chaka to step up to the plate
- We can avoid Brexit's looming shambles
- Human nature means people will go fly-tipping
- We need to keep the buses in Queen Street
- Firms should hit the North to rebalance UK
- Housing plans will eat into valuable Green Belt fields
Want to give your opinion? Email email@example.com