I am writing concerning the publicity over RWE nPower’s decision to blow up the Didcot Power Station cooling towers in the dark, thus depriving the community at large an opportunity to view this long-awaited spectacle.
I have a suggestion which I hope RWE nPower gives serious consideration to before they blow up the main chimney.
That a draw/raffle is held, say £1 a ticket. The winning ticket holders push the detonator button and all proceeds go to local charities.
This practice was widely used in the days of the old central electricity generating board, at the end of a power station’s life and not only created valuable community involvement but also raised valued donations for local charities.
How about it RWE nPower?
(Cllr) DES HEALY
Didcot Town Council
- Please support efforts to fund wellbeing for pets P
- Ballot papers spoiled in protest at pointless role
- Low election turnout is no mandate for our PCC
- Threatened bus service is a lifeline for the elderly
- New homes are being built in the wrong place
- Important questions over scheme for 1,000 homes
Want to give your opinion? Email email@example.com