I am writing concerning the publicity over RWE nPower’s decision to blow up the Didcot Power Station cooling towers in the dark, thus depriving the community at large an opportunity to view this long-awaited spectacle.
I have a suggestion which I hope RWE nPower gives serious consideration to before they blow up the main chimney.
That a draw/raffle is held, say £1 a ticket. The winning ticket holders push the detonator button and all proceeds go to local charities.
This practice was widely used in the days of the old central electricity generating board, at the end of a power station’s life and not only created valuable community involvement but also raised valued donations for local charities.
How about it RWE nPower?
(Cllr) DES HEALY
Didcot Town Council
- Cupcake day a big boost for Alzheimer’s charity
- We must engage with EU to ensure vital reforms
- Let’s accept referendum result with good grace
- Selective facts used to claim EU is democratic
- Reject failing Soviet-style bureaucracy of the EU
- City doctors on why we should vote remain
Want to give your opinion? Email firstname.lastname@example.org