Villagers set themselves a target of £10,000 in 1971 to raise money for a new village hall, to replace a wooden hall erected as a memorial to residents killed in the 1914-18 war. The new hall was intended as a memorial to villagers killed in both world wars. The top picture was taken at a celebration to launch the appeal.
The Haywain Club held a monthly Sunday morning stall outside the Ben Jonson pub in 1985 to raise money for equipment for the children’s adventure playground. Serving at the stall in the middle picture are, left to right, Mr F R Page, Stella Green and Ken Green, with customers Ted Miller and Vera Colbourne.
A village fun day in 1990 attracted plenty of entries for the fancy dress competition. Hoping to win a prize in the bottom picture were, left to right, Harriet Goodwin, Sammy Andrews, Charlotte Goodwin, Karry Andrews and Kirsten Goodwin.