I READ your article about Temple Cowley School (Memory Lane, June 13) with great interest. I attended the school between 1965 and 1970 and remember most of the teachers, including those you named – Colin King, Rosemary Adams and Molly Axtell.

Some of the other teachers were Mr Scott (maths), Miss Pickles (chemistry and science), Mr Bishop (physics), Mr Paul (metalwork), Mr Belcher (woodwork) and Mr Banton (headteacher). I enclose a picture of them.

I was always involved in the school plays, which I particularly enjoyed. Having said that, I remember feeling extremely nervous just before I went on stage, and I still don’t know how on earth I remembered all my speaking lines.

I enclose a picture of me in the school production of Arsenic and Old Lace, the 1944 film starring Cary Grant. I am being arrested by two American police officers, played by Paul Dean and Ray Price. Most of these annual school plays were produced and directed by Bill Arthy, the deputy headteacher, who soon let you know if you hadn’t rehearsed enough!

Although I didn’t particularly enjoy getting out of bed every morning and going to school, I have great memories of Temple Cowley School. It was such a shame when it closed in 2003 and the majority of the old classrooms were demolished.

I would be interested to hear other readers’ memories of Temple Cowley School and perhaps get in touch with some of my old school friends.

STUART BUGGINS
Watermill Way
Headington