I can name three of the eight men you pictured at the 1963 dinner of the Pressed Steel 25 Year Club, for those who had completed 25 years with the company in 1962 (Memory Lane, April 20 and May 4).

The first person on the left is Douglas Pattison, third person on the left is William (Bill) Woods, my uncle, and the fourth person on the left is Arthur William (Bill) Bellinger, my dad.

JOHN BELLINGER
Oxford

My brother John, who lives in Kidlington, sent me a copy of the Pressed Steel picture as our father, Fredrick Arthur Webber, is in it.

He is second from the left. He was born in 1914 and died in 2003. He lived at 95 Cornwallis Road, Cowley, and spent his entire career at Pressed Steel.

The man first on the left was Doug Patterson, a close friend of our father.

PATRICIA WEBBER
Milwaukee
United States

The man third from the left in the Pressed Steel photograph is my late grandfather, Harold Edwin Buckingham, born in Witney in 1905. When the picture was taken, he lived at Rose Hill, Oxford.

He moved to Aston, near Witney, when he retired. He died in 1985.

Harold and his wife Rose had three children, Bill, Pete and Mary, my mother.

VINCE MOORE
Oxford

You asked if anyone knew JE Nelson whose wristwatch for 25 years’ service at Pressed Steel, Cowley, was presented to him at a dinner at the Randolph Hotel, Oxford, in 1963 (Memory Lane, April 20).

I worked for the company for more than 40 years. Between 1958 and 1960, I worked in the chassis shop on Commer van doors.

Parallel with our section was what was known as the Trico Dip.

This was worked by a two-man gang. One of the men was Jack Nelson, an old hand with the company.

He was a stockily built man, always ready to have a laugh and a joke with you.

My long-service watch was a Garrard.

The company name by then had changed to Pressed Steel Fisher.

E TYRRELL
Rousham Road
Tackley