HELEN Chapman turned plenty of heads as she rode around Wallingford on this unusual bike.
Long John, as the bike was known, was ideal for nipping through the town’s congested streets and delivering car batteries and other bulky items.
Pictured in 1983, it belonged to Haynes Bros (Wallingford) Ltd, auto-electrical engineers.
Managing director Keith Haynes saw a similar bike in Denmark and decided he had to buy one to help with his deliveries.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
- Memory Lane this week
- Remember when... Queen's College had to find false eyeballs for its boar's head
- Remember When... Northmoor held its third annual apple-throwing fair
- Remember When... 500 Oxford Brownies joined a jubilant sack race
- Remember When... Humphrey Carpenter opened a new Oxford school bookshop
- Remember When... Abingdon opened a new gun club