HELEN Chapman turned plenty of heads as she rode around Wallingford on this unusual bike.
Long John, as the bike was known, was ideal for nipping through the town’s congested streets and delivering car batteries and other bulky items.
Pictured in 1983, it belonged to Haynes Bros (Wallingford) Ltd, auto-electrical engineers.
Managing director Keith Haynes saw a similar bike in Denmark and decided he had to buy one to help with his deliveries.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
- Memory Lane this week
- Remember when "Crocodile Dundee" visited Fritwell Carnival in 1968?
- Bells clanging and pumps roaring – the exciting days of city’s fire brigades
- No holding back as cricket heroes win knockout cup
- Remember When... north Oxfordshire pupils went to boarding school
- Remember When... St Edburg's school, Bicester, tried to raise £1m