A READER asked if anyone had pictures of the former Army huts at the Slade camp at Headington, which were used to house families after the Second World War (Memory Lane, July 5, 2010 ).

I enclose two photographs. The huts were partitioned – we occupied one half and in the other half were the Barfields.

We lived there until 1952 when we moved to Rede Close. The Barnfields moved to Wood Farm Road.

ALAN ROBERTS, Oxford Road, Cowley, Oxford

YOU published a picture of my family outside our hut on the former Slade Park Army camp at Headington (Memory Lane, March 31).

Oxford Mail:

• David Holborough and his three sons, Paul, Warren and Mark, outside their hut at Slade Camp, Headington, in 1966

The photograph was published in the Oxford Mail in August 1966 when my father was trying to get the family rehoused. I remember the photographer taking the picture after taking some indoors. We moved into the hut in the winter of 1963 and with deep snow on the ground, unloading the removals van was a messy affair.

I was three and got stuck in my pedal car in the front garden and had to be rescued.

We moved in late summer 1968 to Barton East to a much nicer home, but as a child, I missed the more open rural setting of the huts – it was a fabulous place to play outside.

MARK HOLBOROUGH, Felixstowe, Suffolk

Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone's contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.

• Memory Lane this week