Get involved: send your photos, videos, news & views by texting OXFORD NEWS to 80360 or email us
The Scales of Justice
8:00pm Thursday 19th July 2012 in News
People convicted of offences at magistrates' courts around the county recently:
- Ewan Fraser, 26, of Hermitage Road, Abingdon, admitted criminally damaging a door in Iffley Road, Oxford, on June 16. Fined £150, a £15 victims’ surcharge and £85 costs.
- Hichem Abadou, 26, of Divinity Road, Oxford, admitted criminally damaging a £400 communication radio and using threatening, abusive or insulting words or behaviour with intent to cause a fear
of immediate unlawful violence in Oxford on September 26. Told to do 100 hours’ unpaid work and told to pay £85 costs and £400 compensation.
- Jamie Rowland, 34, of Mandelbrote Drive, Littlemore, admitted drink driving on the B481 Peppard Road, Henley-on-Thames, on March 17. Had 56 micrograms of alcohol in 100ml of breath, above the
legal limit of 35 micrograms. Fined £110, a £15 victims’ surcharge and £85 costs. Banned from driving for 15 months.
- Michael Walton, 40, of Lambourn Road, Oxford, admitted failing to surrender to court bail on June 25. Fined £10, a £15 victims’ surcharge and £25 costs, deemed paid by time spent in custody.
- Abdoulaye Badji, 36, of Iffley Road, Oxford, admitted being drunk and disorderly in George Street, Oxford, on June 9. Given a six-month conditional discharge.
- Scott Kelly, 20, of Wolseley Close, Banbury, admitted two counts of making off without payment for £53.95 and £45.81 of fuel in Banbury, and two counts of driving with an obscured number plate.
Fined £560, a £15 victims’ surcharges and £85 costs.
- Mason Ainsby, 18, of Glamis Place, Banbury, admitted two counts of possessing criminal property, namely an air rifle and cycle, and theft in Banbury on April 17. Given 160 hours’ unpaid work
and told to pay £100 costs.
- Nathan Wilkins, 22, of Chetwode, Banbury, admitted shoplifting £41 of food from Co-op in Banbury on April 2. Given a 12-week jail term, suspended for a year. Also given a year’s supervision and
Thinking Skills and Employment Specified Activity programmes.