Boat race halted by swimmer

First published in News

The swimmer who brought the Oxford-Cambridge Boat Race to a temporary halt has been arrested on suspicion of a public order offence, Scotland Yard said.

The annual competition was restarted after the wetsuit-clad man appeared close to the boats in the River Thames in London, narrowly avoiding the blade of an Oxford oar.

Cambridge powered to victory but celebrations were muted while Oxford rower Alexander Woods was taken to Charing Cross Hospital after collapsing in the boat. He is currently in a stable condition.

Sources named the swimmer who stopped the race for the first time since 2001 as Trenton Oldfield.

Police said a man was being detained on suspicion of a section 5 public order offence, namely behaviour likely to cause harassment, alarm or distress.

A spokesman said: "He is currently in custody at a west London police station while inquiries into the circumstances are carried out."

Oldfield, who studied contemporary urbanism at the London School of Economics, has a website called Elitism Leads to Tyranny, which discusses civil disobedience tactics.

It was almost half an hour after the unprecedented disruption that the race was restarted. But the drama continued when a clash of oars led to Oxford crew member Hanno Wienhausen breaking his blade, allowing Cambridge to pull clear.

The contest ended in no presentation ceremony and the Boat Race Company labelled it "possibly the most dramatic in Boat Race history".

Karl Hudspith, president of the Oxford University Boat Club, blamed Oldfield for ruining his crew's big day. He wrote on Twitter: "To Trenton Oldfiled (sic); my team went through seven months of hell, this was the culmination of our careers and you took it from us."

Comments (87)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

7:49pm Sat 7 Apr 12

Dilligaf2010 says...

Oh well, ain't life a B*tch. ;)
Oh well, ain't life a B*tch. ;) Dilligaf2010
  • Score: 0

7:50pm Sat 7 Apr 12

Madi50n says...

Wait for it!
Wait for it! Madi50n
  • Score: 0

2:18am Sun 8 Apr 12

L0RD PETER McVEY OX2 6EG says...

Karl Hudspith, president of the Oxford University Boat Club, blamed Oldfield for ruining his crew's big day. He wrote on Twitter: "To Trenton Oldfiled (sic); my team went through seven months of hell, this was the culmination of our careers and you took it from us."...

Not really that much of a career is it, if the culmination of it is to race against eight other upper class tw!ts. P.S. Can't quite see how going for a swim in the Thames is a public order offence, unless he was naked, and at least he brightened up what is at best a very dull "sporting" event.
Karl Hudspith, president of the Oxford University Boat Club, blamed Oldfield for ruining his crew's big day. He wrote on Twitter: "To Trenton Oldfiled (sic); my team went through seven months of hell, this was the culmination of our careers and you took it from us."... Not really that much of a career is it, if the culmination of it is to race against eight other upper class tw!ts. P.S. Can't quite see how going for a swim in the Thames is a public order offence, unless he was naked, and at least he brightened up what is at best a very dull "sporting" event. L0RD PETER McVEY OX2 6EG
  • Score: 0

7:56am Sun 8 Apr 12

adlibber says...

Boat Race is an elitist, pompous,class ridden snobbery event given national exposure by an elitist driven media. The swimmer should get far more applause than the indulgent narcissistic spoilt brats in the boats.
Boat Race is an elitist, pompous,class ridden snobbery event given national exposure by an elitist driven media. The swimmer should get far more applause than the indulgent narcissistic spoilt brats in the boats. adlibber
  • Score: 0

10:31am Sun 8 Apr 12

A34North says...

Fantastic attitude from the usual suspects. I wonder what other sports we can hang the banner of 'elitist, pompous and class ridden snobbery' on?

I bet you would have loved to have been there helping old Trenton out of the water the very person who classes himself as rich and educated. You could not make it up, not a thought for the people who actually enjoy the race.
Fantastic attitude from the usual suspects. I wonder what other sports we can hang the banner of 'elitist, pompous and class ridden snobbery' on? I bet you would have loved to have been there helping old Trenton out of the water the very person who classes himself as rich and educated. You could not make it up, not a thought for the people who actually enjoy the race. A34North
  • Score: 0

12:15pm Sun 8 Apr 12

MrSooty says...

I wonder how many of these "sportsmen"are in fact drug abusing cheats?A few years ago the Oxford University SU investigated steroid use amongst "sportsmen"and the result was a real eye opener.What I remember specifically was the high level of intravenous steroid abuse.Drug test the lot of them!
I wonder how many of these "sportsmen"are in fact drug abusing cheats?A few years ago the Oxford University SU investigated steroid use amongst "sportsmen"and the result was a real eye opener.What I remember specifically was the high level of intravenous steroid abuse.Drug test the lot of them! MrSooty
  • Score: 0

2:00pm Sun 8 Apr 12

is-it-really-necessary says...

The boat race is a bit of harmless rivalry between two universities. Nothing more.

Yeah the participants are elite, they are elite because they are obviously some of the brightest (they wouldn't be at Oxford or Cambridge otherwise) and fittest people, could any of us do it and show that level of training commitment for what amounts to twenty minutes of intense physical exertion, I doubt it.

It's a shame the idiot man's head wasn't separated from his body. Well at least he learnt to swim at his public school and the university he attended.
The boat race is a bit of harmless rivalry between two universities. Nothing more. Yeah the participants are elite, they are elite because they are obviously some of the brightest (they wouldn't be at Oxford or Cambridge otherwise) and fittest people, could any of us do it and show that level of training commitment for what amounts to twenty minutes of intense physical exertion, I doubt it. It's a shame the idiot man's head wasn't separated from his body. Well at least he learnt to swim at his public school and the university he attended. is-it-really-necessary
  • Score: 0

4:08pm Sun 8 Apr 12

adlibber says...

A34 North - you're almost funny - two boats racing against each other for the prize of saying our clique of privately educated rowers are better than your clique? And you call that sport? Maybe we should just have the Oxbridge Olympics instead eh? Bring back sword fencing introduce croquet real tennis and lacrosse you know real crowd pullers!!
A34 North - you're almost funny - two boats racing against each other for the prize of saying our clique of privately educated rowers are better than your clique? And you call that sport? Maybe we should just have the Oxbridge Olympics instead eh? Bring back sword fencing introduce croquet real tennis and lacrosse you know real crowd pullers!! adlibber
  • Score: 0

4:51pm Sun 8 Apr 12

Dilligaf2010 says...

"The boat race is a bit of harmless rivalry between two universities. Nothing more."......
.......so why is so much money wasted on televising it every year?
There are millions of people that could complete the boat race, and are no doubt fitter than these Toffs too!
There's millions of people that do more than 20 minutes intense physical exertion every day, but their achievements aren't televised.
"The boat race is a bit of harmless rivalry between two universities. Nothing more."...... .......so why is so much money wasted on televising it every year? There are millions of people that could complete the boat race, and are no doubt fitter than these Toffs too! There's millions of people that do more than 20 minutes intense physical exertion every day, but their achievements aren't televised. Dilligaf2010
  • Score: 0

5:14pm Sun 8 Apr 12

A34North says...

adlibber wrote:
A34 North - you're almost funny - two boats racing against each other for the prize of saying our clique of privately educated rowers are better than your clique? And you call that sport? Maybe we should just have the Oxbridge Olympics instead eh? Bring back sword fencing introduce croquet real tennis and lacrosse you know real crowd pullers!!
Ah.....the politics of jealousy does you no good my friend. Your argument holds no substance and is laughable.
[quote][p][bold]adlibber[/bold] wrote: A34 North - you're almost funny - two boats racing against each other for the prize of saying our clique of privately educated rowers are better than your clique? And you call that sport? Maybe we should just have the Oxbridge Olympics instead eh? Bring back sword fencing introduce croquet real tennis and lacrosse you know real crowd pullers!![/p][/quote]Ah.....the politics of jealousy does you no good my friend. Your argument holds no substance and is laughable. A34North
  • Score: 0

5:39pm Sun 8 Apr 12

A34North says...

Dilligaf2010 wrote:
"The boat race is a bit of harmless rivalry between two universities. Nothing more."......
.......so why is so much money wasted on televising it every year?
There are millions of people that could complete the boat race, and are no doubt fitter than these Toffs too!
There's millions of people that do more than 20 minutes intense physical exertion every day, but their achievements aren't televised.
Basically because people want to watch it. Your hero spoiled it for millions of people. Its not rocket science is it?
[quote][p][bold]Dilligaf2010[/bold] wrote: "The boat race is a bit of harmless rivalry between two universities. Nothing more."...... .......so why is so much money wasted on televising it every year? There are millions of people that could complete the boat race, and are no doubt fitter than these Toffs too! There's millions of people that do more than 20 minutes intense physical exertion every day, but their achievements aren't televised.[/p][/quote]Basically because people want to watch it. Your hero spoiled it for millions of people. Its not rocket science is it? A34North
  • Score: 0

6:13pm Sun 8 Apr 12

Dilligaf2010 says...

A34North wrote:
Dilligaf2010 wrote:
"The boat race is a bit of harmless rivalry between two universities. Nothing more."......
.......so why is so much money wasted on televising it every year?
There are millions of people that could complete the boat race, and are no doubt fitter than these Toffs too!
There's millions of people that do more than 20 minutes intense physical exertion every day, but their achievements aren't televised.
Basically because people want to watch it. Your hero spoiled it for millions of people. Its not rocket science is it?
People watch it because it's on, if it wasn't televised I doubt anybody would make any fuss.
I didn't say the bloke was my hero, but I don't condemn what he did.
How many other schools, universities, or any other institution or business for that matter, have millions spent on TV coverage of one of their activities every year?
Yes Oxford & Cambridge are famous, but so are Broadmoor & Wormwood Scrums, The Armed Forces, Bernardos, and many other organisations, but they're not given special treatment every year.
[quote][p][bold]A34North[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Dilligaf2010[/bold] wrote: "The boat race is a bit of harmless rivalry between two universities. Nothing more."...... .......so why is so much money wasted on televising it every year? There are millions of people that could complete the boat race, and are no doubt fitter than these Toffs too! There's millions of people that do more than 20 minutes intense physical exertion every day, but their achievements aren't televised.[/p][/quote]Basically because people want to watch it. Your hero spoiled it for millions of people. Its not rocket science is it?[/p][/quote]People watch it because it's on, if it wasn't televised I doubt anybody would make any fuss. I didn't say the bloke was my hero, but I don't condemn what he did. How many other schools, universities, or any other institution or business for that matter, have millions spent on TV coverage of one of their activities every year? Yes Oxford & Cambridge are famous, but so are Broadmoor & Wormwood Scrums, The Armed Forces, Bernardos, and many other organisations, but they're not given special treatment every year. Dilligaf2010
  • Score: 0

7:38pm Sun 8 Apr 12

A34North says...

Dilligaf2010 wrote:
A34North wrote:
Dilligaf2010 wrote:
"The boat race is a bit of harmless rivalry between two universities. Nothing more."......
.......so why is so much money wasted on televising it every year?
There are millions of people that could complete the boat race, and are no doubt fitter than these Toffs too!
There's millions of people that do more than 20 minutes intense physical exertion every day, but their achievements aren't televised.
Basically because people want to watch it. Your hero spoiled it for millions of people. Its not rocket science is it?
People watch it because it's on, if it wasn't televised I doubt anybody would make any fuss.
I didn't say the bloke was my hero, but I don't condemn what he did.
How many other schools, universities, or any other institution or business for that matter, have millions spent on TV coverage of one of their activities every year?
Yes Oxford & Cambridge are famous, but so are Broadmoor & Wormwood Scrums, The Armed Forces, Bernardos, and many other organisations, but they're not given special treatment every year.
Is that the actual depth of your argument? I say to you as I have to Adlibber and I quote 'politics of jealousy does you no good my friend' You know I have the high ground, accept that you made a fool of yourself with your misguided postings. You do not speak for the populace you speak for a selfish jealous minority.
[quote][p][bold]Dilligaf2010[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]A34North[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Dilligaf2010[/bold] wrote: "The boat race is a bit of harmless rivalry between two universities. Nothing more."...... .......so why is so much money wasted on televising it every year? There are millions of people that could complete the boat race, and are no doubt fitter than these Toffs too! There's millions of people that do more than 20 minutes intense physical exertion every day, but their achievements aren't televised.[/p][/quote]Basically because people want to watch it. Your hero spoiled it for millions of people. Its not rocket science is it?[/p][/quote]People watch it because it's on, if it wasn't televised I doubt anybody would make any fuss. I didn't say the bloke was my hero, but I don't condemn what he did. How many other schools, universities, or any other institution or business for that matter, have millions spent on TV coverage of one of their activities every year? Yes Oxford & Cambridge are famous, but so are Broadmoor & Wormwood Scrums, The Armed Forces, Bernardos, and many other organisations, but they're not given special treatment every year.[/p][/quote]Is that the actual depth of your argument? I say to you as I have to Adlibber and I quote 'politics of jealousy does you no good my friend' You know I have the high ground, accept that you made a fool of yourself with your misguided postings. You do not speak for the populace you speak for a selfish jealous minority. A34North
  • Score: 0

9:22pm Sun 8 Apr 12

adlibber says...

A34 North - you have no argument at all other than you like rowing and the idea of a handful of privileged 'athletes' rowing down a manky river once a year is something you find exciting. You seem to be in a minority here. Likening prisons to an elitist boat race isn't the smartest idea you'll develop.

Jealous? of what? Burgeoning tory boys with careers mapped out and a life alienated from the real world? No you're ok North that might be your dream but I'm happy down here.
A34 North - you have no argument at all other than you like rowing and the idea of a handful of privileged 'athletes' rowing down a manky river once a year is something you find exciting. You seem to be in a minority here. Likening prisons to an elitist boat race isn't the smartest idea you'll develop. Jealous? of what? Burgeoning tory boys with careers mapped out and a life alienated from the real world? No you're ok North that might be your dream but I'm happy down here. adlibber
  • Score: 0

9:42pm Sun 8 Apr 12

A34North says...

adlibber wrote:
A34 North - you have no argument at all other than you like rowing and the idea of a handful of privileged 'athletes' rowing down a manky river once a year is something you find exciting. You seem to be in a minority here. Likening prisons to an elitist boat race isn't the smartest idea you'll develop.

Jealous? of what? Burgeoning tory boys with careers mapped out and a life alienated from the real world? No you're ok North that might be your dream but I'm happy down here.
Oh please, best you leave it there. I am not a lover of rowing, I am a lover of freedom to enjoy a sport that has produced medals for this country in the glory of Olympics and world challenges. You my friend have only confirmed your inability to read the written word for where have I 'likened prisons to an elitist boat race'
It appears your jealousy of people and what they achieve through hard work and dedication has alienated you from what really is the real world. I would strongly suggest you think before you post and try not to let your rather obvious discrimination take control.
Down there matey, you know. nothing for I have not met you yet.
[quote][p][bold]adlibber[/bold] wrote: A34 North - you have no argument at all other than you like rowing and the idea of a handful of privileged 'athletes' rowing down a manky river once a year is something you find exciting. You seem to be in a minority here. Likening prisons to an elitist boat race isn't the smartest idea you'll develop. Jealous? of what? Burgeoning tory boys with careers mapped out and a life alienated from the real world? No you're ok North that might be your dream but I'm happy down here.[/p][/quote]Oh please, best you leave it there. I am not a lover of rowing, I am a lover of freedom to enjoy a sport that has produced medals for this country in the glory of Olympics and world challenges. You my friend have only confirmed your inability to read the written word for where have I 'likened prisons to an elitist boat race' It appears your jealousy of people and what they achieve through hard work and dedication has alienated you from what really is the real world. I would strongly suggest you think before you post and try not to let your rather obvious discrimination take control. Down there matey, you know. nothing for I have not met you yet. A34North
  • Score: 0

2:44am Mon 9 Apr 12

Dilligaf2010 says...

A34North wrote:
Dilligaf2010 wrote:
A34North wrote:
Dilligaf2010 wrote:
"The boat race is a bit of harmless rivalry between two universities. Nothing more."......
.......so why is so much money wasted on televising it every year?
There are millions of people that could complete the boat race, and are no doubt fitter than these Toffs too!
There's millions of people that do more than 20 minutes intense physical exertion every day, but their achievements aren't televised.
Basically because people want to watch it. Your hero spoiled it for millions of people. Its not rocket science is it?
People watch it because it's on, if it wasn't televised I doubt anybody would make any fuss.
I didn't say the bloke was my hero, but I don't condemn what he did.
How many other schools, universities, or any other institution or business for that matter, have millions spent on TV coverage of one of their activities every year?
Yes Oxford & Cambridge are famous, but so are Broadmoor & Wormwood Scrums, The Armed Forces, Bernardos, and many other organisations, but they're not given special treatment every year.
Is that the actual depth of your argument? I say to you as I have to Adlibber and I quote 'politics of jealousy does you no good my friend' You know I have the high ground, accept that you made a fool of yourself with your misguided postings. You do not speak for the populace you speak for a selfish jealous minority.
You're not my friend, you don't have the high ground, and I'm not in the slightest bit jealous, what is there to be jealous of?
I've appeared on TV & Radio, had a public school education, and a higher standard of living than some, but it doesn't make me better than the general populous, we're all human.
Why should millions be wasted on giving these people national TV coverage, when most of the country is struggling financially, or at any other time?
[quote][p][bold]A34North[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Dilligaf2010[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]A34North[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Dilligaf2010[/bold] wrote: "The boat race is a bit of harmless rivalry between two universities. Nothing more."...... .......so why is so much money wasted on televising it every year? There are millions of people that could complete the boat race, and are no doubt fitter than these Toffs too! There's millions of people that do more than 20 minutes intense physical exertion every day, but their achievements aren't televised.[/p][/quote]Basically because people want to watch it. Your hero spoiled it for millions of people. Its not rocket science is it?[/p][/quote]People watch it because it's on, if it wasn't televised I doubt anybody would make any fuss. I didn't say the bloke was my hero, but I don't condemn what he did. How many other schools, universities, or any other institution or business for that matter, have millions spent on TV coverage of one of their activities every year? Yes Oxford & Cambridge are famous, but so are Broadmoor & Wormwood Scrums, The Armed Forces, Bernardos, and many other organisations, but they're not given special treatment every year.[/p][/quote]Is that the actual depth of your argument? I say to you as I have to Adlibber and I quote 'politics of jealousy does you no good my friend' You know I have the high ground, accept that you made a fool of yourself with your misguided postings. You do not speak for the populace you speak for a selfish jealous minority.[/p][/quote]You're not my friend, you don't have the high ground, and I'm not in the slightest bit jealous, what is there to be jealous of? I've appeared on TV & Radio, had a public school education, and a higher standard of living than some, but it doesn't make me better than the general populous, we're all human. Why should millions be wasted on giving these people national TV coverage, when most of the country is struggling financially, or at any other time? Dilligaf2010
  • Score: 0

7:47am Mon 9 Apr 12

A34North says...

Dilligaf2010 wrote:
A34North wrote:
Dilligaf2010 wrote:
A34North wrote:
Dilligaf2010 wrote:
"The boat race is a bit of harmless rivalry between two universities. Nothing more."......
.......so why is so much money wasted on televising it every year?
There are millions of people that could complete the boat race, and are no doubt fitter than these Toffs too!
There's millions of people that do more than 20 minutes intense physical exertion every day, but their achievements aren't televised.
Basically because people want to watch it. Your hero spoiled it for millions of people. Its not rocket science is it?
People watch it because it's on, if it wasn't televised I doubt anybody would make any fuss.
I didn't say the bloke was my hero, but I don't condemn what he did.
How many other schools, universities, or any other institution or business for that matter, have millions spent on TV coverage of one of their activities every year?
Yes Oxford & Cambridge are famous, but so are Broadmoor & Wormwood Scrums, The Armed Forces, Bernardos, and many other organisations, but they're not given special treatment every year.
Is that the actual depth of your argument? I say to you as I have to Adlibber and I quote 'politics of jealousy does you no good my friend' You know I have the high ground, accept that you made a fool of yourself with your misguided postings. You do not speak for the populace you speak for a selfish jealous minority.
You're not my friend, you don't have the high ground, and I'm not in the slightest bit jealous, what is there to be jealous of?
I've appeared on TV & Radio, had a public school education, and a higher standard of living than some, but it doesn't make me better than the general populous, we're all human.
Why should millions be wasted on giving these people national TV coverage, when most of the country is struggling financially, or at any other time?
Still continuing to make a fool of yourself then. Public school, TV, Radio etc and your posts reflect jealousy and the need to decry things that people enjoy. Oh well, move on 'my friend'.
[quote][p][bold]Dilligaf2010[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]A34North[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Dilligaf2010[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]A34North[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Dilligaf2010[/bold] wrote: "The boat race is a bit of harmless rivalry between two universities. Nothing more."...... .......so why is so much money wasted on televising it every year? There are millions of people that could complete the boat race, and are no doubt fitter than these Toffs too! There's millions of people that do more than 20 minutes intense physical exertion every day, but their achievements aren't televised.[/p][/quote]Basically because people want to watch it. Your hero spoiled it for millions of people. Its not rocket science is it?[/p][/quote]People watch it because it's on, if it wasn't televised I doubt anybody would make any fuss. I didn't say the bloke was my hero, but I don't condemn what he did. How many other schools, universities, or any other institution or business for that matter, have millions spent on TV coverage of one of their activities every year? Yes Oxford & Cambridge are famous, but so are Broadmoor & Wormwood Scrums, The Armed Forces, Bernardos, and many other organisations, but they're not given special treatment every year.[/p][/quote]Is that the actual depth of your argument? I say to you as I have to Adlibber and I quote 'politics of jealousy does you no good my friend' You know I have the high ground, accept that you made a fool of yourself with your misguided postings. You do not speak for the populace you speak for a selfish jealous minority.[/p][/quote]You're not my friend, you don't have the high ground, and I'm not in the slightest bit jealous, what is there to be jealous of? I've appeared on TV & Radio, had a public school education, and a higher standard of living than some, but it doesn't make me better than the general populous, we're all human. Why should millions be wasted on giving these people national TV coverage, when most of the country is struggling financially, or at any other time?[/p][/quote]Still continuing to make a fool of yourself then. Public school, TV, Radio etc and your posts reflect jealousy and the need to decry things that people enjoy. Oh well, move on 'my friend'. A34North
  • Score: 0

9:14am Mon 9 Apr 12

L0RD PETER McVEY OX2 6EG says...

A34North wrote:
Dilligaf2010 wrote:
A34North wrote:
Dilligaf2010 wrote:
A34North wrote:
Dilligaf2010 wrote: "The boat race is a bit of harmless rivalry between two universities. Nothing more."...... .......so why is so much money wasted on televising it every year? There are millions of people that could complete the boat race, and are no doubt fitter than these Toffs too! There's millions of people that do more than 20 minutes intense physical exertion every day, but their achievements aren't televised.
Basically because people want to watch it. Your hero spoiled it for millions of people. Its not rocket science is it?
People watch it because it's on, if it wasn't televised I doubt anybody would make any fuss. I didn't say the bloke was my hero, but I don't condemn what he did. How many other schools, universities, or any other institution or business for that matter, have millions spent on TV coverage of one of their activities every year? Yes Oxford & Cambridge are famous, but so are Broadmoor & Wormwood Scrums, The Armed Forces, Bernardos, and many other organisations, but they're not given special treatment every year.
Is that the actual depth of your argument? I say to you as I have to Adlibber and I quote 'politics of jealousy does you no good my friend' You know I have the high ground, accept that you made a fool of yourself with your misguided postings. You do not speak for the populace you speak for a selfish jealous minority.
You're not my friend, you don't have the high ground, and I'm not in the slightest bit jealous, what is there to be jealous of? I've appeared on TV & Radio, had a public school education, and a higher standard of living than some, but it doesn't make me better than the general populous, we're all human. Why should millions be wasted on giving these people national TV coverage, when most of the country is struggling financially, or at any other time?
Still continuing to make a fool of yourself then. Public school, TV, Radio etc and your posts reflect jealousy and the need to decry things that people enjoy. Oh well, move on 'my friend'.
See you at Henley with a jug of Pimms then A34, I will send Trenton an invite. He might brighten up that massive bore of a "sporting" event as well.
[quote][p][bold]A34North[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Dilligaf2010[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]A34North[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Dilligaf2010[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]A34North[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Dilligaf2010[/bold] wrote: "The boat race is a bit of harmless rivalry between two universities. Nothing more."...... .......so why is so much money wasted on televising it every year? There are millions of people that could complete the boat race, and are no doubt fitter than these Toffs too! There's millions of people that do more than 20 minutes intense physical exertion every day, but their achievements aren't televised.[/p][/quote]Basically because people want to watch it. Your hero spoiled it for millions of people. Its not rocket science is it?[/p][/quote]People watch it because it's on, if it wasn't televised I doubt anybody would make any fuss. I didn't say the bloke was my hero, but I don't condemn what he did. How many other schools, universities, or any other institution or business for that matter, have millions spent on TV coverage of one of their activities every year? Yes Oxford & Cambridge are famous, but so are Broadmoor & Wormwood Scrums, The Armed Forces, Bernardos, and many other organisations, but they're not given special treatment every year.[/p][/quote]Is that the actual depth of your argument? I say to you as I have to Adlibber and I quote 'politics of jealousy does you no good my friend' You know I have the high ground, accept that you made a fool of yourself with your misguided postings. You do not speak for the populace you speak for a selfish jealous minority.[/p][/quote]You're not my friend, you don't have the high ground, and I'm not in the slightest bit jealous, what is there to be jealous of? I've appeared on TV & Radio, had a public school education, and a higher standard of living than some, but it doesn't make me better than the general populous, we're all human. Why should millions be wasted on giving these people national TV coverage, when most of the country is struggling financially, or at any other time?[/p][/quote]Still continuing to make a fool of yourself then. Public school, TV, Radio etc and your posts reflect jealousy and the need to decry things that people enjoy. Oh well, move on 'my friend'.[/p][/quote]See you at Henley with a jug of Pimms then A34, I will send Trenton an invite. He might brighten up that massive bore of a "sporting" event as well. L0RD PETER McVEY OX2 6EG
  • Score: 0

9:18am Mon 9 Apr 12

is-it-really-necessary says...

It appears 'elitism' and 'them and us' is alive and kicking in Oxford. A simple story about a boat race turns into the 'your a snob, no I'm not' argument. Come on people get a grip everyone is entitled to their own opinion.
It appears 'elitism' and 'them and us' is alive and kicking in Oxford. A simple story about a boat race turns into the 'your a snob, no I'm not' argument. Come on people get a grip everyone is entitled to their own opinion. is-it-really-necessary
  • Score: 0

10:28am Mon 9 Apr 12

Dilligaf2010 says...

A34North wrote:
Dilligaf2010 wrote:
A34North wrote:
Dilligaf2010 wrote:
A34North wrote:
Dilligaf2010 wrote:
"The boat race is a bit of harmless rivalry between two universities. Nothing more."......
.......so why is so much money wasted on televising it every year?
There are millions of people that could complete the boat race, and are no doubt fitter than these Toffs too!
There's millions of people that do more than 20 minutes intense physical exertion every day, but their achievements aren't televised.
Basically because people want to watch it. Your hero spoiled it for millions of people. Its not rocket science is it?
People watch it because it's on, if it wasn't televised I doubt anybody would make any fuss.
I didn't say the bloke was my hero, but I don't condemn what he did.
How many other schools, universities, or any other institution or business for that matter, have millions spent on TV coverage of one of their activities every year?
Yes Oxford & Cambridge are famous, but so are Broadmoor & Wormwood Scrums, The Armed Forces, Bernardos, and many other organisations, but they're not given special treatment every year.
Is that the actual depth of your argument? I say to you as I have to Adlibber and I quote 'politics of jealousy does you no good my friend' You know I have the high ground, accept that you made a fool of yourself with your misguided postings. You do not speak for the populace you speak for a selfish jealous minority.
You're not my friend, you don't have the high ground, and I'm not in the slightest bit jealous, what is there to be jealous of?
I've appeared on TV & Radio, had a public school education, and a higher standard of living than some, but it doesn't make me better than the general populous, we're all human.
Why should millions be wasted on giving these people national TV coverage, when most of the country is struggling financially, or at any other time?
Still continuing to make a fool of yourself then. Public school, TV, Radio etc and your posts reflect jealousy and the need to decry things that people enjoy. Oh well, move on 'my friend'.
I've no idea how you've managed to glean any indication of jealous, from any of my comments, because there is none.
I'm not the slightest bit jealous, you however, probably are, and are also probably a troll, as the only argument you offer is that people like to watch the pompous spectacle.
[quote][p][bold]A34North[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Dilligaf2010[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]A34North[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Dilligaf2010[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]A34North[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Dilligaf2010[/bold] wrote: "The boat race is a bit of harmless rivalry between two universities. Nothing more."...... .......so why is so much money wasted on televising it every year? There are millions of people that could complete the boat race, and are no doubt fitter than these Toffs too! There's millions of people that do more than 20 minutes intense physical exertion every day, but their achievements aren't televised.[/p][/quote]Basically because people want to watch it. Your hero spoiled it for millions of people. Its not rocket science is it?[/p][/quote]People watch it because it's on, if it wasn't televised I doubt anybody would make any fuss. I didn't say the bloke was my hero, but I don't condemn what he did. How many other schools, universities, or any other institution or business for that matter, have millions spent on TV coverage of one of their activities every year? Yes Oxford & Cambridge are famous, but so are Broadmoor & Wormwood Scrums, The Armed Forces, Bernardos, and many other organisations, but they're not given special treatment every year.[/p][/quote]Is that the actual depth of your argument? I say to you as I have to Adlibber and I quote 'politics of jealousy does you no good my friend' You know I have the high ground, accept that you made a fool of yourself with your misguided postings. You do not speak for the populace you speak for a selfish jealous minority.[/p][/quote]You're not my friend, you don't have the high ground, and I'm not in the slightest bit jealous, what is there to be jealous of? I've appeared on TV & Radio, had a public school education, and a higher standard of living than some, but it doesn't make me better than the general populous, we're all human. Why should millions be wasted on giving these people national TV coverage, when most of the country is struggling financially, or at any other time?[/p][/quote]Still continuing to make a fool of yourself then. Public school, TV, Radio etc and your posts reflect jealousy and the need to decry things that people enjoy. Oh well, move on 'my friend'.[/p][/quote]I've no idea how you've managed to glean any indication of jealous, from any of my comments, because there is none. I'm not the slightest bit jealous, you however, probably are, and are also probably a troll, as the only argument you offer is that people like to watch the pompous spectacle. Dilligaf2010
  • Score: 0

10:57am Mon 9 Apr 12

Madi50n says...

And there you all are. The ususal suspects, giving me a laugh, spouting the usual predictable old twaddle.

Hilarious.
And there you all are. The ususal suspects, giving me a laugh, spouting the usual predictable old twaddle. Hilarious. Madi50n
  • Score: 0

4:24pm Mon 9 Apr 12

Captain J says...

They should turn trolling local newspaper websites into a national sport.

Then I could finally start getting behind the cream of our local talent: McVey, Dilligaf et al, as they finally put their elite trolling skills to good use.
They should turn trolling local newspaper websites into a national sport. Then I could finally start getting behind the cream of our local talent: McVey, Dilligaf et al, as they finally put their elite trolling skills to good use. Captain J
  • Score: 0

4:38pm Mon 9 Apr 12

J B Blackett says...

adlibber wrote:
Boat Race is an elitist, pompous,class ridden snobbery event given national exposure by an elitist driven media. The swimmer should get far more applause than the indulgent narcissistic spoilt brats in the boats.
There's all sorts of snobs - including all the moralistic , class-obsessed , self-righteous , so-superior snobs who point their fingers of scorn at others.
[quote][p][bold]adlibber[/bold] wrote: Boat Race is an elitist, pompous,class ridden snobbery event given national exposure by an elitist driven media. The swimmer should get far more applause than the indulgent narcissistic spoilt brats in the boats.[/p][/quote]There's all sorts of snobs - including all the moralistic , class-obsessed , self-righteous , so-superior snobs who point their fingers of scorn at others. J B Blackett
  • Score: 0

7:48pm Mon 9 Apr 12

A34North says...

Madi50n wrote:
And there you all are. The ususal suspects, giving me a laugh, spouting the usual predictable old twaddle.

Hilarious.
Yes I enjoyed it as well especially when good old Lordie piped up. You really could not make it up!
I believe J B Blackett's post just about sunk the lot. Well done J B.
[quote][p][bold]Madi50n[/bold] wrote: And there you all are. The ususal suspects, giving me a laugh, spouting the usual predictable old twaddle. Hilarious.[/p][/quote]Yes I enjoyed it as well especially when good old Lordie piped up. You really could not make it up! I believe J B Blackett's post just about sunk the lot. Well done J B. A34North
  • Score: 0

12:53pm Tue 10 Apr 12

Lady Penelopee says...

It's just a shame they didn't carry on rowing and allow the blade to hit the idiot, hopefully lopping his head off or drowning him.

Elitist sport or not, hard work is hard work, and those in both boats deserved a fair race and chance to put their hard work to the test.

For those who can't understand what this pathetic protester ruined, then perhaps one day they'll work hard for something only to have it squandered.
It's just a shame they didn't carry on rowing and allow the blade to hit the idiot, hopefully lopping his head off or drowning him. Elitist sport or not, hard work is hard work, and those in both boats deserved a fair race and chance to put their hard work to the test. For those who can't understand what this pathetic protester ruined, then perhaps one day they'll work hard for something only to have it squandered. Lady Penelopee
  • Score: 0

2:26pm Tue 10 Apr 12

Dilligaf2010 says...

So the race was disrupted, we've all worked hard for things, and probably had many failures, but they're all still alive, and as far as I'm aware non of them were shot at, blown up, diagnosed with a terminal illness, or died, put it in perspective, it was a race......!
So the race was disrupted, we've all worked hard for things, and probably had many failures, but they're all still alive, and as far as I'm aware non of them were shot at, blown up, diagnosed with a terminal illness, or died, put it in perspective, it was a race......! Dilligaf2010
  • Score: 0

2:49pm Tue 10 Apr 12

A34North says...

Dilligaf2010 wrote:
So the race was disrupted, we've all worked hard for things, and probably had many failures, but they're all still alive, and as far as I'm aware non of them were shot at, blown up, diagnosed with a terminal illness, or died, put it in perspective, it was a race......!
Boat Race is an elitist, pompous,class ridden snobbery event given national exposure by an elitist driven media. The swimmer should get far more applause than the indulgent narcissistic spoilt brats in the boats.

That hole is just getting bigger, sillier by the post.
[quote][p][bold]Dilligaf2010[/bold] wrote: So the race was disrupted, we've all worked hard for things, and probably had many failures, but they're all still alive, and as far as I'm aware non of them were shot at, blown up, diagnosed with a terminal illness, or died, put it in perspective, it was a race......![/p][/quote]Boat Race is an elitist, pompous,class ridden snobbery event given national exposure by an elitist driven media. The swimmer should get far more applause than the indulgent narcissistic spoilt brats in the boats. That hole is just getting bigger, sillier by the post. A34North
  • Score: 0

2:52pm Tue 10 Apr 12

pjsgrove says...

Interesting this ... I understand the gentlemen concerned is an Australian citizen - one presumes then if found guilty of an offence he will be deported? And, strange he should campaign against elitism and wealth when as an Australian living in the UK he is already enjoying something few of his countrymen can aspire to due to the cost of flights etc! One wonders ...
Interesting this ... I understand the gentlemen concerned is an Australian citizen - one presumes then if found guilty of an offence he will be deported? And, strange he should campaign against elitism and wealth when as an Australian living in the UK he is already enjoying something few of his countrymen can aspire to due to the cost of flights etc! One wonders ... pjsgrove
  • Score: 0

3:40pm Tue 10 Apr 12

Dilligaf2010 says...

A34North wrote:
Dilligaf2010 wrote:
So the race was disrupted, we've all worked hard for things, and probably had many failures, but they're all still alive, and as far as I'm aware non of them were shot at, blown up, diagnosed with a terminal illness, or died, put it in perspective, it was a race......!
Boat Race is an elitist, pompous,class ridden snobbery event given national exposure by an elitist driven media. The swimmer should get far more applause than the indulgent narcissistic spoilt brats in the boats.

That hole is just getting bigger, sillier by the post.
I think you've just dug yourself a bottomless pit, I didn't say that......proved yourself to be a complete Muppet!
[quote][p][bold]A34North[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Dilligaf2010[/bold] wrote: So the race was disrupted, we've all worked hard for things, and probably had many failures, but they're all still alive, and as far as I'm aware non of them were shot at, blown up, diagnosed with a terminal illness, or died, put it in perspective, it was a race......![/p][/quote]Boat Race is an elitist, pompous,class ridden snobbery event given national exposure by an elitist driven media. The swimmer should get far more applause than the indulgent narcissistic spoilt brats in the boats. That hole is just getting bigger, sillier by the post.[/p][/quote]I think you've just dug yourself a bottomless pit, I didn't say that......proved yourself to be a complete Muppet! Dilligaf2010
  • Score: 0

4:10pm Tue 10 Apr 12

Dasdard says...

I think tennis is an elitist & pompous sport and Wimbledon bores me to tears. Please tell me why it's televised every year at massive expense? And as for that classical music stuff, that's riddled with upper classery, pleeeease can we expunge it from our idiot-boxes each year, pleeeease? It gives me a headache. Eh? What? I'm only a minority with a minority opinion? Oh.
I think tennis is an elitist & pompous sport and Wimbledon bores me to tears. Please tell me why it's televised every year at massive expense? And as for that classical music stuff, that's riddled with upper classery, pleeeease can we expunge it from our idiot-boxes each year, pleeeease? It gives me a headache. Eh? What? I'm only a minority with a minority opinion? Oh. Dasdard
  • Score: 0

4:11pm Tue 10 Apr 12

Lord Palmerstone says...

A few weeks ago a young person at a Welsh University put unpleasant stuff on a social networking website about an ill footballer. He was charged either with a Communications Act offence or S4A Public Order Act both of which are imprisonable and District Judge John Charles , who is a competent lawyer, gave immediate imprisonmenrt. What this man did is intentional harassment and he should be charged under S4A. But he isn't.He has been charged with a non-imprisonable Section 5 POA. This is either because Boat Race Boy is rich and educated at elite schools and therefore should not have to mix with the trash in prison whilst the Welsh boy was only a comprehensive school kid. Or BRB is perceived as being on the Stalinist end of the socialist/autistic spectrum while WK is perceived as being on the Peronist end of that same spectrum and deserves to be treated differently. Fascinating, is it not?
A few weeks ago a young person at a Welsh University put unpleasant stuff on a social networking website about an ill footballer. He was charged either with a Communications Act offence or S4A Public Order Act both of which are imprisonable and District Judge John Charles , who is a competent lawyer, gave immediate imprisonmenrt. What this man did is intentional harassment and he should be charged under S4A. But he isn't.He has been charged with a non-imprisonable Section 5 POA. This is either because Boat Race Boy is rich and educated at elite schools and therefore should not have to mix with the trash in prison whilst the Welsh boy was only a comprehensive school kid. Or BRB is perceived as being on the Stalinist end of the socialist/autistic spectrum while WK is perceived as being on the Peronist end of that same spectrum and deserves to be treated differently. Fascinating, is it not? Lord Palmerstone
  • Score: 0

4:18pm Tue 10 Apr 12

Lady Penelopee says...

Good point m'lord!
Good point m'lord! Lady Penelopee
  • Score: 0

5:17pm Tue 10 Apr 12

A34North says...

Dilligaf2010 wrote:
A34North wrote:
Dilligaf2010 wrote:
So the race was disrupted, we've all worked hard for things, and probably had many failures, but they're all still alive, and as far as I'm aware non of them were shot at, blown up, diagnosed with a terminal illness, or died, put it in perspective, it was a race......!
Boat Race is an elitist, pompous,class ridden snobbery event given national exposure by an elitist driven media. The swimmer should get far more applause than the indulgent narcissistic spoilt brats in the boats.

That hole is just getting bigger, sillier by the post.
I think you've just dug yourself a bottomless pit, I didn't say that......proved yourself to be a complete Muppet!
You my friend you are right, done in haste I am sorry to have tarnished you. However, how about this little gem?

The boat race is a bit of harmless rivalry between two universities. Nothing more."......
.......so why is so much money wasted on televising it every year?
There are millions of people that could complete the boat race, and are no doubt fitter than these Toffs too!
There's millions of people that do more than 20 minutes intense physical exertion every day, but their achievements aren't televised.

Or this..........

People watch it because it's on, if it wasn't televised I doubt anybody would make any fuss.
I didn't say the bloke was my hero, but I don't condemn what he did.
How many other schools, universities, or any other institution or business for that matter, have millions spent on TV coverage of one of their activities every year?
Yes Oxford & Cambridge are famous, but so are Broadmoor & Wormwood Scrums, The Armed Forces, Bernardos, and many other organisations, but they're not given special treatment every year.

You have the audacity to call me a 'Muppet'. The thing is I admit to making a mistake. Would not want to be the owner of those posts, riddled with jealousy to boot. I wonder what Sir Mathew Pinsent would have to say to you. Eeyore my friend, Eeyore.
[quote][p][bold]Dilligaf2010[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]A34North[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Dilligaf2010[/bold] wrote: So the race was disrupted, we've all worked hard for things, and probably had many failures, but they're all still alive, and as far as I'm aware non of them were shot at, blown up, diagnosed with a terminal illness, or died, put it in perspective, it was a race......![/p][/quote]Boat Race is an elitist, pompous,class ridden snobbery event given national exposure by an elitist driven media. The swimmer should get far more applause than the indulgent narcissistic spoilt brats in the boats. That hole is just getting bigger, sillier by the post.[/p][/quote]I think you've just dug yourself a bottomless pit, I didn't say that......proved yourself to be a complete Muppet![/p][/quote]You my friend you are right, done in haste I am sorry to have tarnished you. However, how about this little gem? The boat race is a bit of harmless rivalry between two universities. Nothing more."...... .......so why is so much money wasted on televising it every year? There are millions of people that could complete the boat race, and are no doubt fitter than these Toffs too! There's millions of people that do more than 20 minutes intense physical exertion every day, but their achievements aren't televised. Or this.......... People watch it because it's on, if it wasn't televised I doubt anybody would make any fuss. I didn't say the bloke was my hero, but I don't condemn what he did. How many other schools, universities, or any other institution or business for that matter, have millions spent on TV coverage of one of their activities every year? Yes Oxford & Cambridge are famous, but so are Broadmoor & Wormwood Scrums, The Armed Forces, Bernardos, and many other organisations, but they're not given special treatment every year. You have the audacity to call me a 'Muppet'. The thing is I admit to making a mistake. Would not want to be the owner of those posts, riddled with jealousy to boot. I wonder what Sir Mathew Pinsent would have to say to you. Eeyore my friend, Eeyore. A34North
  • Score: 0

5:30pm Tue 10 Apr 12

the wizard says...

I couldn't give an Owls hoot about the boat race, let them get on with it... fine.

Now along comes an Idiot and sets out to spoil what others have been working towards for a long period of time. Said Idiot jumps in the river fully knowing the risks, so why stop the race ? the boats were best part passed him, so why not carry on, and if he got a belt around the ear off of an oar, then just "Tuff matey" you asked for it, now get on with it. All this fuss and bother in the name of "health and safety" etc, etc, etc, layer after layer of brown smelly B-S. The bloke is an Idiot, he studies disruptive behaviour, so disrupt him and carry on, instead of pandering to his mission. I blame the referee bloke who should have just carried on, all this fuss, for what ????? The more people who do this and get away with the disruption the more who will be lured into thinking in Olympic year they can do the same. A good thrashing with drawn batons off the police would do more to prevent it from happening again. Now we are going to waste more public money on a trial, and they can't even stick him away to stop him from doing the same again this summer in east London. More Idiots, and the real alarming thing is, they walk among us !!!
I couldn't give an Owls hoot about the boat race, let them get on with it... fine. Now along comes an Idiot and sets out to spoil what others have been working towards for a long period of time. Said Idiot jumps in the river fully knowing the risks, so why stop the race ? the boats were best part passed him, so why not carry on, and if he got a belt around the ear off of an oar, then just "Tuff matey" you asked for it, now get on with it. All this fuss and bother in the name of "health and safety" etc, etc, etc, layer after layer of brown smelly B-S. The bloke is an Idiot, he studies disruptive behaviour, so disrupt him and carry on, instead of pandering to his mission. I blame the referee bloke who should have just carried on, all this fuss, for what ????? The more people who do this and get away with the disruption the more who will be lured into thinking in Olympic year they can do the same. A good thrashing with drawn batons off the police would do more to prevent it from happening again. Now we are going to waste more public money on a trial, and they can't even stick him away to stop him from doing the same again this summer in east London. More Idiots, and the real alarming thing is, they walk among us !!! the wizard
  • Score: 0

6:04pm Tue 10 Apr 12

Dilligaf2010 says...

A34North, how dare you put these rowers in the same league as Sir Matthew Pinsent, or Sir Steve Redgrave, they're not even close to Olympic standard, if they were, they'd be representing Britain, which they're not.
I haven't made any mistakes, your only contribution to these comments is to say people watch the race, not once have you offered any logical reason as to why millions should be spent on it every year, I however have offered examples as to why it's a waste of money.
A34North, how dare you put these rowers in the same league as Sir Matthew Pinsent, or Sir Steve Redgrave, they're not even close to Olympic standard, if they were, they'd be representing Britain, which they're not. I haven't made any mistakes, your only contribution to these comments is to say people watch the race, not once have you offered any logical reason as to why millions should be spent on it every year, I however have offered examples as to why it's a waste of money. Dilligaf2010
  • Score: 0

6:34pm Tue 10 Apr 12

A34North says...

Dilligaf2010 wrote:
A34North, how dare you put these rowers in the same league as Sir Matthew Pinsent, or Sir Steve Redgrave, they're not even close to Olympic standard, if they were, they'd be representing Britain, which they're not.
I haven't made any mistakes, your only contribution to these comments is to say people watch the race, not once have you offered any logical reason as to why millions should be spent on it every year, I however have offered examples as to why it's a waste of money.
Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear, oh dear. You called ME a 'MUPPET'

My friend, Mathew Pinsent rowed three times in the boat race winning it twice whilst he studies at St Caths, he was also Boat Club President in 1993 the year they lost the race. He then went on to become a World Olympic Champion.

Which would you like Eeyore or Muppet. You 'my friend' condoned the robbing of a possible Olympic Champion and the pleasure that may have given to millions.
I think you should leave it there 'my friend' as there is no way out of that hole.

Oh dear, Public Schoolboy and High Standard of living to boot.
[quote][p][bold]Dilligaf2010[/bold] wrote: A34North, how dare you put these rowers in the same league as Sir Matthew Pinsent, or Sir Steve Redgrave, they're not even close to Olympic standard, if they were, they'd be representing Britain, which they're not. I haven't made any mistakes, your only contribution to these comments is to say people watch the race, not once have you offered any logical reason as to why millions should be spent on it every year, I however have offered examples as to why it's a waste of money.[/p][/quote]Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear, oh dear. You called ME a 'MUPPET' My friend, Mathew Pinsent rowed three times in the boat race winning it twice whilst he studies at St Caths, he was also Boat Club President in 1993 the year they lost the race. He then went on to become a World Olympic Champion. Which would you like Eeyore or Muppet. You 'my friend' condoned the robbing of a possible Olympic Champion and the pleasure that may have given to millions. I think you should leave it there 'my friend' as there is no way out of that hole. Oh dear, Public Schoolboy and High Standard of living to boot. A34North
  • Score: 0

6:55pm Tue 10 Apr 12

Greener is cleaner says...

Dilligaf2010 wrote:
A34North, how dare you put these rowers in the same league as Sir Matthew Pinsent, or Sir Steve Redgrave, they're not even close to Olympic standard, if they were, they'd be representing Britain, which they're not.
I haven't made any mistakes, your only contribution to these comments is to say people watch the race, not once have you offered any logical reason as to why millions should be spent on it every year, I however have offered examples as to why it's a waste of money.
Matthew Pinsent was in the boat race...........
[quote][p][bold]Dilligaf2010[/bold] wrote: A34North, how dare you put these rowers in the same league as Sir Matthew Pinsent, or Sir Steve Redgrave, they're not even close to Olympic standard, if they were, they'd be representing Britain, which they're not. I haven't made any mistakes, your only contribution to these comments is to say people watch the race, not once have you offered any logical reason as to why millions should be spent on it every year, I however have offered examples as to why it's a waste of money.[/p][/quote]Matthew Pinsent was in the boat race........... Greener is cleaner
  • Score: 0

7:00pm Tue 10 Apr 12

cuckoo says...

just a point Dilligaf... I think you will find that Matthew Pinsent and quite a few of the other Olympian rowers ( the Searle brothers for example)have rowed for Oxford/Cambridge in the boat race as will some in the future!!
BTW: do you also think horseriding is "elitist"?? It's the Grand National soon..plenty of tv coverage for this event!! People who like watch the race and PLENTY is spent (and wasted)!!!
If you genuinely think racing over the boat race course against another crew I can only suggest you give rowing "a go"..think you would soon realise your suggested 20 mins exertion/day was sadly lacking!!
just a point Dilligaf... I think you will find that Matthew Pinsent and quite a few of the other Olympian rowers ( the Searle brothers for example)have rowed for Oxford/Cambridge in the boat race as will some in the future!! BTW: do you also think horseriding is "elitist"?? It's the Grand National soon..plenty of tv coverage for this event!! People who like watch the race and PLENTY is spent (and wasted)!!! If you genuinely think racing over the boat race course against another crew I can only suggest you give rowing "a go"..think you would soon realise your suggested 20 mins exertion/day was sadly lacking!! cuckoo
  • Score: 0

7:28pm Tue 10 Apr 12

A34North says...

Gone surprisingly quiet!
Gone surprisingly quiet! A34North
  • Score: 0

7:29pm Tue 10 Apr 12

Dilligaf2010 says...

cuckoo,
The 20 minutes referred to, was the duration of the race, not the time spent training.
Yes Horse Racing is elitist, not horse riding, even I've done that.
Gambling is a mugs game, they've obviously got more money than sense.
The fact that some University rowers have gone on to be Olympians, still doesn't advocate the millions spent on televising it.
cuckoo, The 20 minutes referred to, was the duration of the race, not the time spent training. Yes Horse Racing is elitist, not horse riding, even I've done that. Gambling is a mugs game, they've obviously got more money than sense. The fact that some University rowers have gone on to be Olympians, still doesn't advocate the millions spent on televising it. Dilligaf2010
  • Score: 0

7:33pm Tue 10 Apr 12

Dilligaf2010 says...

A34North wrote:
Dilligaf2010 wrote:
A34North, how dare you put these rowers in the same league as Sir Matthew Pinsent, or Sir Steve Redgrave, they're not even close to Olympic standard, if they were, they'd be representing Britain, which they're not.
I haven't made any mistakes, your only contribution to these comments is to say people watch the race, not once have you offered any logical reason as to why millions should be spent on it every year, I however have offered examples as to why it's a waste of money.
Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear, oh dear. You called ME a 'MUPPET'

My friend, Mathew Pinsent rowed three times in the boat race winning it twice whilst he studies at St Caths, he was also Boat Club President in 1993 the year they lost the race. He then went on to become a World Olympic Champion.

Which would you like Eeyore or Muppet. You 'my friend' condoned the robbing of a possible Olympic Champion and the pleasure that may have given to millions.
I think you should leave it there 'my friend' as there is no way out of that hole.

Oh dear, Public Schoolboy and High Standard of living to boot.
You're still yet to give an adequate reason as to why it should be televised, or why it should receive so much attention.
All you've done is criticised other's opinions, you should become an MP.
[quote][p][bold]A34North[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Dilligaf2010[/bold] wrote: A34North, how dare you put these rowers in the same league as Sir Matthew Pinsent, or Sir Steve Redgrave, they're not even close to Olympic standard, if they were, they'd be representing Britain, which they're not. I haven't made any mistakes, your only contribution to these comments is to say people watch the race, not once have you offered any logical reason as to why millions should be spent on it every year, I however have offered examples as to why it's a waste of money.[/p][/quote]Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear, oh dear. You called ME a 'MUPPET' My friend, Mathew Pinsent rowed three times in the boat race winning it twice whilst he studies at St Caths, he was also Boat Club President in 1993 the year they lost the race. He then went on to become a World Olympic Champion. Which would you like Eeyore or Muppet. You 'my friend' condoned the robbing of a possible Olympic Champion and the pleasure that may have given to millions. I think you should leave it there 'my friend' as there is no way out of that hole. Oh dear, Public Schoolboy and High Standard of living to boot.[/p][/quote]You're still yet to give an adequate reason as to why it should be televised, or why it should receive so much attention. All you've done is criticised other's opinions, you should become an MP. Dilligaf2010
  • Score: 0

8:56pm Tue 10 Apr 12

A34North says...

Dilligaf2010 wrote:
A34North wrote:
Dilligaf2010 wrote:
A34North, how dare you put these rowers in the same league as Sir Matthew Pinsent, or Sir Steve Redgrave, they're not even close to Olympic standard, if they were, they'd be representing Britain, which they're not.
I haven't made any mistakes, your only contribution to these comments is to say people watch the race, not once have you offered any logical reason as to why millions should be spent on it every year, I however have offered examples as to why it's a waste of money.
Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear, oh dear. You called ME a 'MUPPET'

My friend, Mathew Pinsent rowed three times in the boat race winning it twice whilst he studies at St Caths, he was also Boat Club President in 1993 the year they lost the race. He then went on to become a World Olympic Champion.

Which would you like Eeyore or Muppet. You 'my friend' condoned the robbing of a possible Olympic Champion and the pleasure that may have given to millions.
I think you should leave it there 'my friend' as there is no way out of that hole.

Oh dear, Public Schoolboy and High Standard of living to boot.
You're still yet to give an adequate reason as to why it should be televised, or why it should receive so much attention.
All you've done is criticised other's opinions, you should become an MP.
Oh please. Look Dilly there were over 2.7 million viewers watching the 2011 boat race on a Saturday afternoon in 2011. Sponsors have found it lucrative, TV companies have vied for the television rights etc, people enjoy it.

Now listen, we all make fools of ourselves, I even spelt Matthew wrong (Thanks Lordie P) and even attributed a post to you that was not yours and offered my sincere apologies.

I find it amusing that you continue to dig this hole for yourself and wonder when you will cease. Look around you, its not only me others have ridiculed your lack of knowledge regarding Sir Pinsent. Leave it 'my friend' and move on.
I call you 'My Friend' as you are certainly not my enemy.
[quote][p][bold]Dilligaf2010[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]A34North[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Dilligaf2010[/bold] wrote: A34North, how dare you put these rowers in the same league as Sir Matthew Pinsent, or Sir Steve Redgrave, they're not even close to Olympic standard, if they were, they'd be representing Britain, which they're not. I haven't made any mistakes, your only contribution to these comments is to say people watch the race, not once have you offered any logical reason as to why millions should be spent on it every year, I however have offered examples as to why it's a waste of money.[/p][/quote]Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear, oh dear. You called ME a 'MUPPET' My friend, Mathew Pinsent rowed three times in the boat race winning it twice whilst he studies at St Caths, he was also Boat Club President in 1993 the year they lost the race. He then went on to become a World Olympic Champion. Which would you like Eeyore or Muppet. You 'my friend' condoned the robbing of a possible Olympic Champion and the pleasure that may have given to millions. I think you should leave it there 'my friend' as there is no way out of that hole. Oh dear, Public Schoolboy and High Standard of living to boot.[/p][/quote]You're still yet to give an adequate reason as to why it should be televised, or why it should receive so much attention. All you've done is criticised other's opinions, you should become an MP.[/p][/quote]Oh please. Look Dilly there were over 2.7 million viewers watching the 2011 boat race on a Saturday afternoon in 2011. Sponsors have found it lucrative, TV companies have vied for the television rights etc, people enjoy it. Now listen, we all make fools of ourselves, I even spelt Matthew wrong (Thanks Lordie P) and even attributed a post to you that was not yours and offered my sincere apologies. I find it amusing that you continue to dig this hole for yourself and wonder when you will cease. Look around you, its not only me others have ridiculed your lack of knowledge regarding Sir Pinsent. Leave it 'my friend' and move on. I call you 'My Friend' as you are certainly not my enemy. A34North
  • Score: 0

9:29pm Tue 10 Apr 12

Greener is cleaner says...

You're not a bad person Dilligaf, your views are just invalid.
You're not a bad person Dilligaf, your views are just invalid. Greener is cleaner
  • Score: 0

9:39pm Tue 10 Apr 12

cuckoo says...

Dillingaff, why not then become one of "millions of people" who could complete the Boat Race course and prove that you are fitter than those "Toffs"!! (and in a quicker time).
Tideway Head, Fours Head, Scullers Head..admittedly the reverse course of the Boat Race and not just a side by side SPRINT against just one other crew..but over the same distance!!
I've done the Head in 4's and 8's ( I'm no "Toff") and I understand the commitment required to win!!!
Dillingaff, why not then become one of "millions of people" who could complete the Boat Race course and prove that you are fitter than those "Toffs"!! (and in a quicker time). Tideway Head, Fours Head, Scullers Head..admittedly the reverse course of the Boat Race and not just a side by side SPRINT against just one other crew..but over the same distance!! I've done the Head in 4's and 8's ( I'm no "Toff") and I understand the commitment required to win!!! cuckoo
  • Score: 0

9:53pm Tue 10 Apr 12

cuckoo says...

Should have added: Regarding this year's Boat Race.... the man "swimming"/protestin
g in the Thames ended up increasing the coverage of the race!! Chuckle!!
Should have added: Regarding this year's Boat Race.... the man "swimming"/protestin g in the Thames ended up increasing the coverage of the race!! Chuckle!! cuckoo
  • Score: 0

7:30am Wed 11 Apr 12

Lord Palmerstone says...

Despite his posh education BRB is clearly not the sharpest knife in the canteen but there are loads even duller than him out there (look at the s*itforbrains crew who turn out for animal terrorism and Occupy this and that) My point is that unless Little Oz gets put away a couple of weeks they'll all be doing it during the Olympics-about which I couldn't care less but suspect it would create a lot of unhappiness.Is that what PC Bigears-police make charging decisions at this level, not CPS-wants?
Despite his posh education BRB is clearly not the sharpest knife in the canteen but there are loads even duller than him out there (look at the s*itforbrains crew who turn out for animal terrorism and Occupy this and that) My point is that unless Little Oz gets put away a couple of weeks they'll all be doing it during the Olympics-about which I couldn't care less but suspect it would create a lot of unhappiness.Is that what PC Bigears-police make charging decisions at this level, not CPS-wants? Lord Palmerstone
  • Score: 0

9:12am Wed 11 Apr 12

## Nonny Mouse ## says...

'They have more money than me so they deserve bad things to happen to them to make me feel better because they have more money than me.'

Interesting narrative to this thread, eh?
'They have more money than me so they deserve bad things to happen to them to make me feel better because they have more money than me.' Interesting narrative to this thread, eh? ## Nonny Mouse ##
  • Score: 0

9:51am Wed 11 Apr 12

Madi50n says...

Seriously comedic posts from the usual suspects.

Keep it up, this is comedy gold.
Seriously comedic posts from the usual suspects. Keep it up, this is comedy gold. Madi50n
  • Score: 0

10:01am Wed 11 Apr 12

A34North says...

Madi50n wrote:
Seriously comedic posts from the usual suspects.

Keep it up, this is comedy gold.
I have been trying to point out how flawed some posts are but they are like little terriers, they just keep coming back with more inane rubbish. Sorry.
[quote][p][bold]Madi50n[/bold] wrote: Seriously comedic posts from the usual suspects. Keep it up, this is comedy gold.[/p][/quote]I have been trying to point out how flawed some posts are but they are like little terriers, they just keep coming back with more inane rubbish. Sorry. A34North
  • Score: 0

1:54pm Wed 11 Apr 12

AlexF says...

Right, so this is an elitist sport endorsed by the New World Order, etc, etc.
Rubbish! All I see here is class jealousy, pure and simple!
These poor people have trained hard for this and it has been disrupted by some idiot who "studies" disruptive behaviour, enough said.
I hope they DO charge this utter fool for what he has done, it's unfair and the actual participants have had their race ruined.
Right, so this is an elitist sport endorsed by the New World Order, etc, etc. Rubbish! All I see here is class jealousy, pure and simple! These poor people have trained hard for this and it has been disrupted by some idiot who "studies" disruptive behaviour, enough said. I hope they DO charge this utter fool for what he has done, it's unfair and the actual participants have had their race ruined. AlexF
  • Score: 0

2:45pm Wed 11 Apr 12

Madi50n says...

I think I've just figured out who dilligaf2010 is.
I think I've just figured out who dilligaf2010 is. Madi50n
  • Score: 0

2:53pm Wed 11 Apr 12

Floflo says...

Dilligaf2010 wrote:
cuckoo,
The 20 minutes referred to, was the duration of the race, not the time spent training.
Yes Horse Racing is elitist, not horse riding, even I've done that.
Gambling is a mugs game, they've obviously got more money than sense.
The fact that some University rowers have gone on to be Olympians, still doesn't advocate the millions spent on televising it.
Quite simply the viewing figures justify televising the event. it's very cheap TV when you put it next to just about every other sport.

As a spectator, and also a competitor, rowing is far from elitist. I don't understand why people spend the equivalent of two bottles of fine champagne watching football when you can get a few beers, sit on the river and watch a fine sporting spectacle for free - but each to their own.
[quote][p][bold]Dilligaf2010[/bold] wrote: cuckoo, The 20 minutes referred to, was the duration of the race, not the time spent training. Yes Horse Racing is elitist, not horse riding, even I've done that. Gambling is a mugs game, they've obviously got more money than sense. The fact that some University rowers have gone on to be Olympians, still doesn't advocate the millions spent on televising it.[/p][/quote]Quite simply the viewing figures justify televising the event. it's very cheap TV when you put it next to just about every other sport. As a spectator, and also a competitor, rowing is far from elitist. I don't understand why people spend the equivalent of two bottles of fine champagne watching football when you can get a few beers, sit on the river and watch a fine sporting spectacle for free - but each to their own. Floflo
  • Score: 0

6:45pm Wed 11 Apr 12

A34North says...

Madi50n wrote:
I think I've just figured out who dilligaf2010 is.
Come on then, spill the beans.
[quote][p][bold]Madi50n[/bold] wrote: I think I've just figured out who dilligaf2010 is.[/p][/quote]Come on then, spill the beans. A34North
  • Score: 0

9:02pm Wed 11 Apr 12

A Scroat says...

I like Dilligaf, but on a personal note, I backed Oxford to win by 3 lengths or more so I think Trenton is an utter knob as Oxford would probably have won.
I like Dilligaf, but on a personal note, I backed Oxford to win by 3 lengths or more so I think Trenton is an utter knob as Oxford would probably have won. A Scroat
  • Score: 0

9:40am Thu 12 Apr 12

steve1955 says...

THe guy really got everone talking about himself the toffs rowing club in their sill boats finished the race after all no one died it will come back next year what on earth is all the fuss about.Dont we live in a free society where people can put their views acroos in many ways it seems in this case it was wrong because a load of public school boys had to stop rowing poor things?
THe guy really got everone talking about himself the toffs rowing club in their sill boats finished the race after all no one died it will come back next year what on earth is all the fuss about.Dont we live in a free society where people can put their views acroos in many ways it seems in this case it was wrong because a load of public school boys had to stop rowing poor things? steve1955
  • Score: 0

10:51am Thu 12 Apr 12

Madi50n says...

A34North wrote:
Madi50n wrote:
I think I've just figured out who dilligaf2010 is.
Come on then, spill the beans.
Weel, I feel a little bad about it, so I won't post the link.

However, if you google under dilligaf2010, a few pages along there's an interesting search result.
[quote][p][bold]A34North[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Madi50n[/bold] wrote: I think I've just figured out who dilligaf2010 is.[/p][/quote]Come on then, spill the beans.[/p][/quote]Weel, I feel a little bad about it, so I won't post the link. However, if you google under dilligaf2010, a few pages along there's an interesting search result. Madi50n
  • Score: 0

11:50pm Thu 12 Apr 12

DoctorBob says...

Madi50n wrote:
And there you all are. The ususal suspects, giving me a laugh, spouting the usual predictable old twaddle.

Hilarious.
I can't work out if you are complaining, encouraging or merely highlighting your written version of Tourettes?
[quote][p][bold]Madi50n[/bold] wrote: And there you all are. The ususal suspects, giving me a laugh, spouting the usual predictable old twaddle. Hilarious.[/p][/quote]I can't work out if you are complaining, encouraging or merely highlighting your written version of Tourettes? DoctorBob
  • Score: 0

12:00am Fri 13 Apr 12

DoctorBob says...

Badger baiting, c0ck fighting and dog fighting would get good viewing figures so let' put it on the box. Logic at it's best.

ps Madi5on, are you lonely? You haven't actually done anything on here except have a chat.
Badger baiting, c0ck fighting and dog fighting would get good viewing figures so let' put it on the box. Logic at it's best. ps Madi5on, are you lonely? You haven't actually done anything on here except have a chat. DoctorBob
  • Score: 0

12:03am Fri 13 Apr 12

DoctorBob says...

Interesting how some view unearned privilege, power and subsequent grotesque unfair inequality as jealousy.
Interesting how some view unearned privilege, power and subsequent grotesque unfair inequality as jealousy. DoctorBob
  • Score: 0

12:06am Fri 13 Apr 12

DoctorBob says...

I think it's terrible how all those chinless wonders were allowed to disrupt a man's afternoon swim on the river Thames. They should all be arrested and charged.
I think it's terrible how all those chinless wonders were allowed to disrupt a man's afternoon swim on the river Thames. They should all be arrested and charged. DoctorBob
  • Score: 0

7:47am Fri 13 Apr 12

A34North says...

Wondered when it would turn into the Doctor Bobby show. Crikey Bobby you do love the sound of your own keys.
Wondered when it would turn into the Doctor Bobby show. Crikey Bobby you do love the sound of your own keys. A34North
  • Score: 0

8:14am Fri 13 Apr 12

Madi50n says...

Methinks DoctorBob is also Dilligaf2010.
Methinks DoctorBob is also Dilligaf2010. Madi50n
  • Score: 0

8:24am Fri 13 Apr 12

greengarden says...

Dilligaf2010 wrote:
cuckoo,
The 20 minutes referred to, was the duration of the race, not the time spent training.
Yes Horse Racing is elitist, not horse riding, even I've done that.
Gambling is a mugs game, they've obviously got more money than sense.
The fact that some University rowers have gone on to be Olympians, still doesn't advocate the millions spent on televising it.
Dilli - please wake up and get real!! It doesn't cost millions ££ believe me it makes money for the BBC, the sponsors financially back this event. Now in a free society if a company / busness wants to spend there own money as they feel fit is it not up to them? Or would you prefer state control of freedom to express etc . . . Believe me the BBC (public services broadcaster) does very well out of this event
[quote][p][bold]Dilligaf2010[/bold] wrote: cuckoo, The 20 minutes referred to, was the duration of the race, not the time spent training. Yes Horse Racing is elitist, not horse riding, even I've done that. Gambling is a mugs game, they've obviously got more money than sense. The fact that some University rowers have gone on to be Olympians, still doesn't advocate the millions spent on televising it.[/p][/quote]Dilli - please wake up and get real!! It doesn't cost millions ££ believe me it makes money for the BBC, the sponsors financially back this event. Now in a free society if a company / busness wants to spend there own money as they feel fit is it not up to them? Or would you prefer state control of freedom to express etc . . . Believe me the BBC (public services broadcaster) does very well out of this event greengarden
  • Score: 0

9:22am Fri 13 Apr 12

steve1955 says...

Badger baiting **** and dog fighting are as barbaric and sadistic as fox hunting but we dont ban fox hunting only pass easily broken laws to ban? them could this be the fact its a so called sport of the rich any chance of a debate on this ?
Badger baiting **** and dog fighting are as barbaric and sadistic as fox hunting but we dont ban fox hunting only pass easily broken laws to ban? them could this be the fact its a so called sport of the rich any chance of a debate on this ? steve1955
  • Score: 0

9:42am Fri 13 Apr 12

A34North says...

Madi50n wrote:
Methinks DoctorBob is also Dilligaf2010.
I was thinking that as well!
[quote][p][bold]Madi50n[/bold] wrote: Methinks DoctorBob is also Dilligaf2010.[/p][/quote]I was thinking that as well! A34North
  • Score: 0

5:30pm Fri 13 Apr 12

DoctorBob says...

A34North wrote:
Madi50n wrote:
Methinks DoctorBob is also Dilligaf2010.
I was thinking that as well!
Jesus, then that fully explains your disjointed and incoherent thinking.
[quote][p][bold]A34North[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Madi50n[/bold] wrote: Methinks DoctorBob is also Dilligaf2010.[/p][/quote]I was thinking that as well![/p][/quote]Jesus, then that fully explains your disjointed and incoherent thinking. DoctorBob
  • Score: 0

5:32pm Fri 13 Apr 12

DoctorBob says...

A34North wrote:
Wondered when it would turn into the Doctor Bobby show. Crikey Bobby you do love the sound of your own keys.
Let's add up our respective amount of posts on here shall we?
[quote][p][bold]A34North[/bold] wrote: Wondered when it would turn into the Doctor Bobby show. Crikey Bobby you do love the sound of your own keys.[/p][/quote]Let's add up our respective amount of posts on here shall we? DoctorBob
  • Score: 0

5:38pm Fri 13 Apr 12

DoctorBob says...

And the result is in and A34 leads by a length (of God know's what!?) with 15 posts versus Doctor Bobby's measly 6 posts.

Maybe my keyboard is louder than yours or you are completely lacking in self awareness?

Maybe you are just a grade A tool?
And the result is in and A34 leads by a length (of God know's what!?) with 15 posts versus Doctor Bobby's measly 6 posts. Maybe my keyboard is louder than yours or you are completely lacking in self awareness? Maybe you are just a grade A tool? DoctorBob
  • Score: 0

5:43pm Fri 13 Apr 12

DoctorBob says...

Madi50n wrote:
Methinks DoctorBob is also Dilligaf2010.
You thinking, now there's a novelty.
[quote][p][bold]Madi50n[/bold] wrote: Methinks DoctorBob is also Dilligaf2010.[/p][/quote]You thinking, now there's a novelty. DoctorBob
  • Score: 0

5:44pm Fri 13 Apr 12

A34North says...

DoctorBob wrote:
A34North wrote:
Wondered when it would turn into the Doctor Bobby show. Crikey Bobby you do love the sound of your own keys.
Let's add up our respective amount of posts on here shall we?
Oh please Bobby Boy, nobody could equal your prolific posting prowess and ability at rather pathetic attempts to ridicule. Why, your reputation goes before you on many a topics on here. Not related to Dilly are you?
Oh by the way you are letting yourself down on the old thought process as this topic has run its course. Grand National tomorrow, perhaps you can vent your spleen on those supporters?
[quote][p][bold]DoctorBob[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]A34North[/bold] wrote: Wondered when it would turn into the Doctor Bobby show. Crikey Bobby you do love the sound of your own keys.[/p][/quote]Let's add up our respective amount of posts on here shall we?[/p][/quote]Oh please Bobby Boy, nobody could equal your prolific posting prowess and ability at rather pathetic attempts to ridicule. Why, your reputation goes before you on many a topics on here. Not related to Dilly are you? Oh by the way you are letting yourself down on the old thought process as this topic has run its course. Grand National tomorrow, perhaps you can vent your spleen on those supporters? A34North
  • Score: 0

6:08pm Fri 13 Apr 12

DoctorBob says...

I detect a note of force, ridicule and smear in your postings that suggests to me your lack of conviction in your ability to argue your point.

Good luck with your burgeoning on-line romance with our lonely madi5on.
I detect a note of force, ridicule and smear in your postings that suggests to me your lack of conviction in your ability to argue your point. Good luck with your burgeoning on-line romance with our lonely madi5on. DoctorBob
  • Score: 0

6:43pm Fri 13 Apr 12

A34North says...

Get a grip Bobby Boy, your anger shows through loud and clear for others to see. Nine posts in less than 24 hours and each one contains your trademark bile and arrogance.
Read the thread, digest and move on for no one is the slightest bit interested in your world of me, me, me.
Get a grip Bobby Boy, your anger shows through loud and clear for others to see. Nine posts in less than 24 hours and each one contains your trademark bile and arrogance. Read the thread, digest and move on for no one is the slightest bit interested in your world of me, me, me. A34North
  • Score: 0

6:59pm Fri 13 Apr 12

DoctorBob says...

A34North wrote:
Get a grip Bobby Boy, your anger shows through loud and clear for others to see. Nine posts in less than 24 hours and each one contains your trademark bile and arrogance.
Read the thread, digest and move on for no one is the slightest bit interested in your world of me, me, me.
You have clearly banged your head, take two Aspirin and go to bed.
[quote][p][bold]A34North[/bold] wrote: Get a grip Bobby Boy, your anger shows through loud and clear for others to see. Nine posts in less than 24 hours and each one contains your trademark bile and arrogance. Read the thread, digest and move on for no one is the slightest bit interested in your world of me, me, me.[/p][/quote]You have clearly banged your head, take two Aspirin and go to bed. DoctorBob
  • Score: 0

7:04pm Fri 13 Apr 12

the wizard says...

Blimey!!!!! it will be down to a bit of "mine is bigger than yours" shortly. Come on chaps take stock, deep breath, and grow up a bit. The bloke out in the water set out to make trouble, ok he has done that, and the rest of the world now know that he is a plonker, not much else to debate really. All this about sponsorship, TV rights etc, is all peripheral. The guy will get a fine in court and a record, that it till the next time, then hopefully he will get a custodial.
Blimey!!!!! it will be down to a bit of "mine is bigger than yours" shortly. Come on chaps take stock, deep breath, and grow up a bit. The bloke out in the water set out to make trouble, ok he has done that, and the rest of the world now know that he is a plonker, not much else to debate really. All this about sponsorship, TV rights etc, is all peripheral. The guy will get a fine in court and a record, that it till the next time, then hopefully he will get a custodial. the wizard
  • Score: 0

7:21pm Fri 13 Apr 12

DoctorBob says...

A person naming themselves 'the wizard' talks about growing up. Trippy!

Two Aspirin and bed.
A person naming themselves 'the wizard' talks about growing up. Trippy! Two Aspirin and bed. DoctorBob
  • Score: 0

7:25pm Fri 13 Apr 12

A34North says...

DoctorBob wrote:
A person naming themselves 'the wizard' talks about growing up. Trippy!

Two Aspirin and bed.
And there I rest my case. Pathetic!
[quote][p][bold]DoctorBob[/bold] wrote: A person naming themselves 'the wizard' talks about growing up. Trippy! Two Aspirin and bed.[/p][/quote]And there I rest my case. Pathetic! A34North
  • Score: 0

9:27pm Fri 13 Apr 12

Madi50n says...

Dilligaf2010, probably DoctorBob

http://www.cheekyfli
rt.com/profile-home.
php?userid=7120211
Dilligaf2010, probably DoctorBob http://www.cheekyfli rt.com/profile-home. php?userid=7120211 Madi50n
  • Score: 0

9:32pm Fri 13 Apr 12

Captain J says...

Madi50n wrote:
Dilligaf2010, probably DoctorBob

http://www.cheekyfli

rt.com/profile-home.

php?userid=7120211
LOL good find!
[quote][p][bold]Madi50n[/bold] wrote: Dilligaf2010, probably DoctorBob http://www.cheekyfli rt.com/profile-home. php?userid=7120211[/p][/quote]LOL good find! Captain J
  • Score: 0

10:46pm Fri 13 Apr 12

Lord Palmerstone says...

steve1955 wrote:
Badger baiting **** and dog fighting are as barbaric and sadistic as fox hunting but we dont ban fox hunting only pass easily broken laws to ban? them could this be the fact its a so called sport of the rich any chance of a debate on this ?
No. There is no debate in it. Blair asked one of his minions whether this particular ban would cost any votes and was told it wouldn't so he did it. End of. Lansley presumably asked whether banning fags would harm his chances of becoming Miss World and was told "Nein Mein Fuehrer" So he's doing it. Perhaps Dave could try banning real Conservatives.....
[quote][p][bold]steve1955[/bold] wrote: Badger baiting **** and dog fighting are as barbaric and sadistic as fox hunting but we dont ban fox hunting only pass easily broken laws to ban? them could this be the fact its a so called sport of the rich any chance of a debate on this ?[/p][/quote]No. There is no debate in it. Blair asked one of his minions whether this particular ban would cost any votes and was told it wouldn't so he did it. End of. Lansley presumably asked whether banning fags would harm his chances of becoming Miss World and was told "Nein Mein Fuehrer" So he's doing it. Perhaps Dave could try banning real Conservatives..... Lord Palmerstone
  • Score: 0

2:11am Sat 14 Apr 12

L0RD PETER McVEY OX2 6EG says...

Captain J wrote:
Madi50n wrote:
Dilligaf2010, probably DoctorBob

http://www.cheekyfli


rt.com/profile-home.


php?userid=7120211
LOL good find!
F me, I hope you lot don't find me.
[quote][p][bold]Captain J[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Madi50n[/bold] wrote: Dilligaf2010, probably DoctorBob http://www.cheekyfli rt.com/profile-home. php?userid=7120211[/p][/quote]LOL good find![/p][/quote]F me, I hope you lot don't find me. L0RD PETER McVEY OX2 6EG
  • Score: 0

2:32am Sat 14 Apr 12

L0RD PETER McVEY OX2 6EG says...

DoctorBob wrote:
I think it's terrible how all those chinless wonders were allowed to disrupt a man's afternoon swim on the river Thames. They should all be arrested and charged.
Wahheeeey Bobby Boy, life without parole in some torture chamber called a prison, what a result for your boy eh?. Love from Kermit.
[quote][p][bold]DoctorBob[/bold] wrote: I think it's terrible how all those chinless wonders were allowed to disrupt a man's afternoon swim on the river Thames. They should all be arrested and charged.[/p][/quote]Wahheeeey Bobby Boy, life without parole in some torture chamber called a prison, what a result for your boy eh?. Love from Kermit. L0RD PETER McVEY OX2 6EG
  • Score: 0

11:29am Sat 14 Apr 12

Dilligaf2010 says...

I ain't DoctorBob, and I'd forgotten about that site, if I can remember my login details, I'll delete my profile.
BTW, since 1946, only 28 members of the Oxford boat crews have gone on to become Olympians, that's about 5%.
I ain't DoctorBob, and I'd forgotten about that site, if I can remember my login details, I'll delete my profile. BTW, since 1946, only 28 members of the Oxford boat crews have gone on to become Olympians, that's about 5%. Dilligaf2010
  • Score: 0

12:20pm Sat 14 Apr 12

A34North says...

Dilligaf2010 wrote:
I ain't DoctorBob, and I'd forgotten about that site, if I can remember my login details, I'll delete my profile.
BTW, since 1946, only 28 members of the Oxford boat crews have gone on to become Olympians, that's about 5%.
There is a great similarity to you and the film 'Cool Hand Luke'. Do you know the part when Paul Newman refuses to stay down when well and truly beaten. Dilly 'my friend' leave it, its not worth it.
[quote][p][bold]Dilligaf2010[/bold] wrote: I ain't DoctorBob, and I'd forgotten about that site, if I can remember my login details, I'll delete my profile. BTW, since 1946, only 28 members of the Oxford boat crews have gone on to become Olympians, that's about 5%.[/p][/quote]There is a great similarity to you and the film 'Cool Hand Luke'. Do you know the part when Paul Newman refuses to stay down when well and truly beaten. Dilly 'my friend' leave it, its not worth it. A34North
  • Score: 0

1:41pm Sat 14 Apr 12

Dilligaf2010 says...

A34North, I'm presuming you're rather wealthy, and were perhaps bullied at school, possibly due to a diminutive manhood, but it's time you started to accept that you are what you are, and you're certainly not 'my friend', or my anything, and I've not been beaten since about 1999, and that was by choice ;)
A34North, I'm presuming you're rather wealthy, and were perhaps bullied at school, possibly due to a diminutive manhood, but it's time you started to accept that you are what you are, and you're certainly not 'my friend', or my anything, and I've not been beaten since about 1999, and that was by choice ;) Dilligaf2010
  • Score: 0

6:11pm Sat 14 Apr 12

A34North says...

Dilligaf2010 wrote:
A34North, I'm presuming you're rather wealthy, and were perhaps bullied at school, possibly due to a diminutive manhood, but it's time you started to accept that you are what you are, and you're certainly not 'my friend', or my anything, and I've not been beaten since about 1999, and that was by choice ;)
You have reverted to being silly again 'my friend'. I would have thought that little lay off would have enabled you to reflect and digest, unfortunately the post says no. Go along now Dilly and we will jest again on another thread, in time. ;-)
[quote][p][bold]Dilligaf2010[/bold] wrote: A34North, I'm presuming you're rather wealthy, and were perhaps bullied at school, possibly due to a diminutive manhood, but it's time you started to accept that you are what you are, and you're certainly not 'my friend', or my anything, and I've not been beaten since about 1999, and that was by choice ;)[/p][/quote]You have reverted to being silly again 'my friend'. I would have thought that little lay off would have enabled you to reflect and digest, unfortunately the post says no. Go along now Dilly and we will jest again on another thread, in time. ;-) A34North
  • Score: 0

6:55pm Sat 14 Apr 12

steve1955 says...

Out of interest what PUBLIC ORDER OFFENCE is he being charged with and the maximum sentence my friendly policeman does not know does anyone?
Out of interest what PUBLIC ORDER OFFENCE is he being charged with and the maximum sentence my friendly policeman does not know does anyone? steve1955
  • Score: 0

7:52pm Sat 14 Apr 12

cuckoo says...

This topic has now REALLY reached it's "sell by" date.

Time for bed boys (and ?girls)!!
This topic has now REALLY reached it's "sell by" date. Time for bed boys (and ?girls)!! cuckoo
  • Score: 0

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree