Children's centres were the main talking point at a cuts consultation event tonight.
Children's centres and adult social care were among the topics discussed as campaigners voiced their opinions on the proposals.
Mr Hudspeth was joined by a panel of council officers who were quizzed by the public, as campaigners suggested alternatives that could be cut.
Dad-of-two Alex Palmer said he felt "dejected" after the questioning event.
The 37-year-old added: "I don't think the situation has got better.
"We have used Cutteslowe Children's Centre and it has been a life saver for us."
- Managing director Greig Box Turnbull to leave Oxford United at end of season
- Companies still signing up for jobs fair at Oxford Town Hall
- Hundreds will gather as soldier killed in Iraq is repatriated
- Staff and students celebrate actress's big win at the Golden Globes
- Inquests opened into death of couple who died in cottage fire on Blenheim Palace estate