A MAN blamed his ex-girlfriend’s son after his stash of indecent images of children was found on her computer.
Robert Trafford’s former partner took her computer to Cash Generator in Oxford last year to unlock the password Trafford had left on it.
But staff found sexual photographs of children and went to the police who found more than 6,000 indecent images.
Trafford admitted nine counts of possessing indecent images of children between March 2012 and March last year and was jailed for 18 months at Oxford Crown Court last Wednesday.
The 35-year-old, formerly of Nightingale Avenue in Greater Leys, had blamed the images on his partner’s son before he came clean to police, the court heard.
William Eaglestone, prosecuting, said Trafford had more than 6,000 indecent images organised into different folders — 225 of which were in the highest category.
Lucy Tapper, defending, said Trafford had accepted he had a problem and wanted help.
Judge Peter Ross, sentencing, told Trafford: “At this very moment – in order to feed the perverted sexual desires of people like you – there are children around the world being abused in the manner depicted in the images you sought.”
Trafford was also ordered to sign the sex offenders’ register and banned from accessing the internet on devices without restrictive software installed.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed
Our top stories
9:00am Friday 30th January 2015
THE family of man who escaped a mental hospital, fled abroad then hanged himself in a prison cell have said he was let down by Oxford Health.
12:06pm Thursday 29th January 2015
SNOW has been forecast for Oxfordshire over the weekend and a yellow weather warning is still in place for today.
7:33pm Friday 30th January 2015
A HEADTEACHER at an Oxford primary school has claimed she is getting “fobbed off” by Oxfordshire County Council over questions about delayed construction work at the school.
4:14pm Friday 30th January 2015
A WOMAN charged with the attempted murder of a hospital patient today appeared in Oxford Crown Court.
3:50pm Friday 30th January 2015
A MAN has been accused of fraudulently pocketing £4.8m from the assembly and services division at the Mini plant in Cowley.
Oxfordshire County Council chief executive Joanna Simons to stand down in June - and will not be replaced
1:10pm Friday 30th January 2015
OXFORDSHIRE'S biggest local authority will scrap its top unelected position as part of a radical shake-up to save costs, it was revealed today.