A MAN blamed his ex-girlfriend’s son after his stash of indecent images of children was found on her computer.
Robert Trafford’s former partner took her computer to Cash Generator in Oxford last year to unlock the password Trafford had left on it.
But staff found sexual photographs of children and went to the police who found more than 6,000 indecent images.
Trafford admitted nine counts of possessing indecent images of children between March 2012 and March last year and was jailed for 18 months at Oxford Crown Court last Wednesday.
The 35-year-old, formerly of Nightingale Avenue in Greater Leys, had blamed the images on his partner’s son before he came clean to police, the court heard.
William Eaglestone, prosecuting, said Trafford had more than 6,000 indecent images organised into different folders — 225 of which were in the highest category.
Lucy Tapper, defending, said Trafford had accepted he had a problem and wanted help.
Judge Peter Ross, sentencing, told Trafford: “At this very moment – in order to feed the perverted sexual desires of people like you – there are children around the world being abused in the manner depicted in the images you sought.”
Trafford was also ordered to sign the sex offenders’ register and banned from accessing the internet on devices without restrictive software installed.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed
Our top stories
- New faces around the county council cabinet table
- Oxfordshire detective is a contestant on Channel 4 survival show The Island with Bear Grylls
- Managing director Greig Box Turnbull to leave Oxford United at end of season
- Companies still signing up for jobs fair at Oxford Town Hall
- Hundreds will gather as soldier killed in Iraq is repatriated
- Staff and students celebrate actress's big win at the Golden Globes