Reports have claimed that the mysterious ‘Oxford stink’ has returned.
The pong swept across the city in July, but its source was never identified.
Yesterday, people again took to Twitter and Facebook to voice their disgust at the odour. Ian Pinnell, producer at Radio Cherwell, wrote: “Blimey, what is that awful smell around the [John Radcliffe Hospital and] Headington? Worse than the other smell that lingered around Oxford.”
And Jock Coats said the latest stench was like manure.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone's contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
- Send your Letter to the Editor: What do you think? We welcome letters from our readers on a wide variety of subjects and you can send us a letter for publication here
Our top stories
- Prisons' shake-up will be at heart of today's Queen's Speech
- Five things you need to know in Oxfordshire today
- TV Wildlife presenter Chris Packham speaks about his Aspergers, teenage struggles and attempts to get into Oxford University
- GALLERY: Prince William proves a hit with young and old students on Oxford visit
- Elections 2016 roundup: Everything you need to know for May 5
- Authorities search for solutions as graffiti in Oxford doubles in a year