Reports have claimed that the mysterious ‘Oxford stink’ has returned.
The pong swept across the city in July, but its source was never identified.
Yesterday, people again took to Twitter and Facebook to voice their disgust at the odour. Ian Pinnell, producer at Radio Cherwell, wrote: “Blimey, what is that awful smell around the [John Radcliffe Hospital and] Headington? Worse than the other smell that lingered around Oxford.”
And Jock Coats said the latest stench was like manure.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone's contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
- Send your Letter to the Editor: What do you think? We welcome letters from our readers on a wide variety of subjects and you can send us a letter for publication here
Our top stories
- New faces around the county council cabinet table
- Oxfordshire detective is a contestant on Channel 4 survival show The Island with Bear Grylls
- Managing director Greig Box Turnbull to leave Oxford United at end of season
- Companies still signing up for jobs fair at Oxford Town Hall
- Hundreds will gather as soldier killed in Iraq is repatriated
- Staff and students celebrate actress's big win at the Golden Globes