Reports have claimed that the mysterious ‘Oxford stink’ has returned.
The pong swept across the city in July, but its source was never identified.
Yesterday, people again took to Twitter and Facebook to voice their disgust at the odour. Ian Pinnell, producer at Radio Cherwell, wrote: “Blimey, what is that awful smell around the [John Radcliffe Hospital and] Headington? Worse than the other smell that lingered around Oxford.”
And Jock Coats said the latest stench was like manure.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone's contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
- Send your Letter to the Editor: What do you think? We welcome letters from our readers on a wide variety of subjects and you can send us a letter for publication here
Our top stories
- Hundreds will gather as soldier killed in Iraq is repatriated
- Staff and students celebrate actress's big win at the Golden Globes
- Inquests opened into death of couple who died in cottage fire on Blenheim Palace estate
- Inquest opened into death of pensioner found in River Ock in Abingdon
- Man wearing beanie hat exposes himself to woman on city street
- Chain running Randolph Hotel in Oxford in 'best shape ever' after announcing £55m profit