COMMUTERS once again faced traffic chaos yesterday morning when bin collectors blocked a main road in Kennington.
Drivers reported being stuck in traffic for about 20 minutes behind the waste collection lorry.
This was the first time bin collections and the school run have happened at the same time since the roadworks at the A423 Southern bypass started.
On the A34, traffic was forced to queue back to Abingdon and up to the Pear Tree interchange.
Oxford Bus Company reported delays of up to an hour on their X3, 35 and X13 services from Abingdon to Oxford.
And a collision between a red Fiat Punto and a white lorry caused severe delays near Botley at about 10am.
The A420 was blocked near the Botley interchange due to the accident between the two vehicles at the Seacourt Tower traffic lights.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone's contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
- Send your Letter to the Editor: What do you think? We welcome letters from our readers on a wide variety of subjects and you can send us a letter for publication here
Our top stories
- Prisons' shake-up will be at heart of today's Queen's Speech
- Five things you need to know in Oxfordshire today
- TV Wildlife presenter Chris Packham speaks about his Aspergers, teenage struggles and attempts to get into Oxford University
- GALLERY: Prince William proves a hit with young and old students on Oxford visit
- Elections 2016 roundup: Everything you need to know for May 5
- Authorities search for solutions as graffiti in Oxford doubles in a year