Police issued penalties to motorists using their mobile phones behind the wheel on Botley Road yesterday, in checks undertaken from 8am to 10am.
Thames Valley roads policing officers gave 20 drivers the option of a £100 fine and three penalty points, or attending road safety courses as an alternative.
An additional 13 passengers not wearing seatbelts were given the option of a £100 fine or a road safety course.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed
Our top stories
- New faces around the county council cabinet table
- Oxfordshire detective is a contestant on Channel 4 survival show The Island with Bear Grylls
- Managing director Greig Box Turnbull to leave Oxford United at end of season
- Companies still signing up for jobs fair at Oxford Town Hall
- Hundreds will gather as soldier killed in Iraq is repatriated
- Staff and students celebrate actress's big win at the Golden Globes