Police issued penalties to motorists using their mobile phones behind the wheel on Botley Road yesterday, in checks undertaken from 8am to 10am.
Thames Valley roads policing officers gave 20 drivers the option of a £100 fine and three penalty points, or attending road safety courses as an alternative.
An additional 13 passengers not wearing seatbelts were given the option of a £100 fine or a road safety course.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed
Our top stories
- Prisons' shake-up will be at heart of today's Queen's Speech
- Five things you need to know in Oxfordshire today
- TV Wildlife presenter Chris Packham speaks about his Aspergers, teenage struggles and attempts to get into Oxford University
- GALLERY: Prince William proves a hit with young and old students on Oxford visit
- Elections 2016 roundup: Everything you need to know for May 5
- Authorities search for solutions as graffiti in Oxford doubles in a year