Police issued penalties to motorists using their mobile phones behind the wheel on Botley Road yesterday, in checks undertaken from 8am to 10am.
Thames Valley roads policing officers gave 20 drivers the option of a £100 fine and three penalty points, or attending road safety courses as an alternative.
An additional 13 passengers not wearing seatbelts were given the option of a £100 fine or a road safety course.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed
Our top stories
- Oxford United send match tickets to fans caught up in season ticket delay
- Five things you need to know in Oxfordshire today
- Management consultants Newton Europe named Business of the Year at 2016 Oxfordshire Business Awards
- Eating Weetabix and brown rice could help prevent an early death say experts
- VIDEO: Kerry Reeves' mother bravely faces her 'beautiful' daughter's killers in emotional tribute
- Prisons' shake-up will be at heart of today's Queen's Speech