People escaped a first-floor flat in Wallingford on Tuesday after a fire in the cofffee shop below.
Firefighters from Wallingford and Didcot fire stations were called to reports of smoke coming from The Wallingford Tea and Coffee Co. Ltd in St Martin’s Street at about 8.20am.
Fire crews found an overheating coffee roaster in the back of the shop, issuing large amounts of smoke.
Watch Manager Dan Reed said: “Fortunately, the vigilance of the upstairs residents prevented the possibility of a much larger fire.”
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed
Our top stories
- UPDATE: Three more men arrested in connection with attempted murder after altercation in Banbury
- Oxford United v Swindon Town - UPDATES
- CLARIFICATION: Hygiene report of Delight 2 in Didcot
- Man 'obsessed' with BBC journalist goes on trial after allegedly breaching restraining order against her
- Families urged to consider signing up for organ donation
- Oxford United send match tickets to fans caught up in season ticket delay