People escaped a first-floor flat in Wallingford on Tuesday after a fire in the cofffee shop below.
Firefighters from Wallingford and Didcot fire stations were called to reports of smoke coming from The Wallingford Tea and Coffee Co. Ltd in St Martin’s Street at about 8.20am.
Fire crews found an overheating coffee roaster in the back of the shop, issuing large amounts of smoke.
Watch Manager Dan Reed said: “Fortunately, the vigilance of the upstairs residents prevented the possibility of a much larger fire.”
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed
Our top stories
- New faces around the county council cabinet table
- Oxfordshire detective is a contestant on Channel 4 survival show The Island with Bear Grylls
- Managing director Greig Box Turnbull to leave Oxford United at end of season
- Companies still signing up for jobs fair at Oxford Town Hall
- Hundreds will gather as soldier killed in Iraq is repatriated
- Staff and students celebrate actress's big win at the Golden Globes