People escaped a first-floor flat in Wallingford on Tuesday after a fire in the cofffee shop below.
Firefighters from Wallingford and Didcot fire stations were called to reports of smoke coming from The Wallingford Tea and Coffee Co. Ltd in St Martin’s Street at about 8.20am.
Fire crews found an overheating coffee roaster in the back of the shop, issuing large amounts of smoke.
Watch Manager Dan Reed said: “Fortunately, the vigilance of the upstairs residents prevented the possibility of a much larger fire.”
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed
Our top stories
- Prisons' shake-up will be at heart of today's Queen's Speech
- Five things you need to know in Oxfordshire today
- TV Wildlife presenter Chris Packham speaks about his Aspergers, teenage struggles and attempts to get into Oxford University
- GALLERY: Prince William proves a hit with young and old students on Oxford visit
- Elections 2016 roundup: Everything you need to know for May 5
- Authorities search for solutions as graffiti in Oxford doubles in a year