People escaped a first-floor flat in Wallingford on Tuesday after a fire in the cofffee shop below.
Firefighters from Wallingford and Didcot fire stations were called to reports of smoke coming from The Wallingford Tea and Coffee Co. Ltd in St Martin’s Street at about 8.20am.
Fire crews found an overheating coffee roaster in the back of the shop, issuing large amounts of smoke.
Watch Manager Dan Reed said: “Fortunately, the vigilance of the upstairs residents prevented the possibility of a much larger fire.”
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed
Our top stories
- Oxford United send match tickets to fans caught up in season ticket delay
- Five things you need to know in Oxfordshire today
- Management consultants Newton Europe named Business of the Year at 2016 Oxfordshire Business Awards
- Eating Weetabix and brown rice could help prevent an early death say experts
- VIDEO: Kerry Reeves' mother bravely faces her 'beautiful' daughter's killers in emotional tribute
- Prisons' shake-up will be at heart of today's Queen's Speech