CAKE lovers are needed to join a fundraising business bake-off to support ill children and adults across the county.
Oxford-based business Focus Independent Financial Advisers & Independent Insurance Consultants is organising the fundraiser in aid of Helen and Douglas House.
Keen bakers from across the region’s business community are urged to sign up to the event by tomorrow to ensure the fundraising target of £1,000 is reached.
Nick Walker, partner at Focus, said: “We have been supporting Helen & Douglas House for many years and wanted to do something different to help fund the charity.
“If baking isn’t your thing, people are welcome to just sample or buy the goodies – for a donation to Helen & Douglas House of course.”
Bakers can enter three bake-off categories including cakes, savoury bites, and cupcakes and muffins for a fee of £5 per person for each category.
Prizes to be won include a day’s cooking course at Gloucestershire’s Thyme Food School, restaurant vouchers and baking goodies.
The contest takes place between 11.30am and 4.30pm on Monday, September 22, at Botley’s Seacourt Tower.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone's contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
- Send your Letter to the Editor: What do you think? We welcome letters from our readers on a wide variety of subjects and you can send us a letter for publication here
Our top stories
- Oxford United send match tickets to fans caught up in season ticket delay
- Five things you need to know in Oxfordshire today
- Management consultants Newton Europe named Business of the Year at 2016 Oxfordshire Business Awards
- Eating Weetabix and brown rice could help prevent an early death say experts
- VIDEO: Kerry Reeves' mother bravely faces her 'beautiful' daughter's killers in emotional tribute
- Prisons' shake-up will be at heart of today's Queen's Speech