Government ministers, councillors and policy makers are set to attend a community energy conference at Oxford Town Hall today.
The Powering UP! conference is being organised by the OxFutures partnership and the Department of Energy and Climate Change.
Delegates will discuss how local authorities and communities can work together to increase the production of community energy nationally. The conference will be followed by the first UK Community Energy Awards, with Oxford City Council and the city’s Low Carbon Hub both shortlised for awards.
Oxfordshire County Council cabinet member for environment, David Nimmo Smith said: “This is a very exciting national event here in Oxford.”
Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone's contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
- Send your Letter to the Editor: What do you think? We welcome letters from our readers on a wide variety of subjects and you can send us a letter for publication here
- Sexual assaults are denied
- Authorities search for solutions as graffiti in Oxford doubles in a year
- Tackling cyber-crime and fraud are main priorities for Conservative police commissioner candidate
- Prime Minister says he has no offshore funds following Panama Papers leak
- Traders called on to support this summer's Cowley Road Carnival
- Tributes paid in Witney to former butcher and much-loved member of community