Government ministers, councillors and policy makers are set to attend a community energy conference at Oxford Town Hall today.
The Powering UP! conference is being organised by the OxFutures partnership and the Department of Energy and Climate Change.
Delegates will discuss how local authorities and communities can work together to increase the production of community energy nationally. The conference will be followed by the first UK Community Energy Awards, with Oxford City Council and the city’s Low Carbon Hub both shortlised for awards.
Oxfordshire County Council cabinet member for environment, David Nimmo Smith said: “This is a very exciting national event here in Oxford.”
Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone's contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
- Send your Letter to the Editor: What do you think? We welcome letters from our readers on a wide variety of subjects and you can send us a letter for publication here
- UPDATE: Three more men arrested in connection with attempted murder after altercation in Banbury
- Oxford United v Swindon Town - UPDATES
- CLARIFICATION: Hygiene report of Delight 2 in Didcot
- Man 'obsessed' with BBC journalist goes on trial after allegedly breaching restraining order against her
- Families urged to consider signing up for organ donation
- Oxford United send match tickets to fans caught up in season ticket delay