IFFLEY Road in Oxford has reopened following a police incident.
There were about five police officers and a number of cars and vans are in the area between Aston Street and Henley Street.
Traffic was queueing along Henley Street and Hurst Street.
A spokeswoman for South Central Ambulance Service said they were called by police at about 4.15pm to a "welfare case" involving a 22-year-old woman.
She said: “We have one ambulance there who are on standby if they are needed.”
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone's contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
- Send your Letter to the Editor: What do you think? We welcome letters from our readers on a wide variety of subjects and you can send us a letter for publication here
Our top stories
- Sexual assaults are denied
- Authorities search for solutions as graffiti in Oxford doubles in a year
- Tackling cyber-crime and fraud are main priorities for Conservative police commissioner candidate
- Prime Minister says he has no offshore funds following Panama Papers leak
- Traders called on to support this summer's Cowley Road Carnival
- Tributes paid in Witney to former butcher and much-loved member of community