POLICE have confirmed a man who died in a two-car crash was an 89-year-old from Carterton.
Officers are appealing for information after the collision, which happened on the road between Brize Norton and Curbridge, near the Caswell Lane junction.
The 89-year-old was driving a white Volvo V70, which collided with a blue VW Golf at about 2.45pm on Monday.
His male passenger was taken to the John Radcliffe in a serious but non-life threatening condition.
The Golf driver was airlifted to the JR and was last night described as being in a stable condition.
Police incorrectly stated yesterday it was a three car pile-up. Call 101 with information.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone's contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
- Send your Letter to the Editor: What do you think? We welcome letters from our readers on a wide variety of subjects and you can send us a letter for publication here
Our top stories
- Companies still signing up for jobs fair at Oxford Town Hall
- Hundreds will gather as soldier killed in Iraq is repatriated
- Staff and students celebrate actress's big win at the Golden Globes
- Inquests opened into death of couple who died in cottage fire on Blenheim Palace estate
- Inquest opened into death of pensioner found in River Ock in Abingdon
- Man wearing beanie hat exposes himself to woman on city street