A TEENAGE mother told her boyfriend’s mum she hurt her baby after getting frustrated with it, Oxford Crown Court heard yesterday.
Jade Collison, 19, denies inflicting grievous bodily harm and actual bodily harm on her six-month-old daughter in January last year after the baby suffered a broken leg and bruising to her face.
But jurors were told by her boyfriend’s dad, Paul Dening, he had overheard Collison talking to his wife.
The witness said: “She said she hurt her child. My wife said why or how? She said she was frustrated with the child.”
The trial has heard the teenager, of Juniper Close in Banbury, took her child to the Horton General Hospital on January 29 last year, but doctors were suspicious when she changed her account of what happened.
Her stepfather David Johnston, who shared his Upper Heyford home with Collison, told jurors he had been kept awake by the baby for two nights.
He said he shouted at Collison because she was “doing absolutely nothing to comfort her”.
Sarah Collison, the teen’s mother, said: “She always nicely dressed (the baby) and fed her on time and took enough bottles out with her.”
The trial continues.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone's contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
- Send your Letter to the Editor: What do you think? We welcome letters from our readers on a wide variety of subjects and you can send us a letter for publication here
Our top stories
- Companies still signing up for jobs fair at Oxford Town Hall
- Hundreds will gather as soldier killed in Iraq is repatriated
- Staff and students celebrate actress's big win at the Golden Globes
- Inquests opened into death of couple who died in cottage fire on Blenheim Palace estate
- Inquest opened into death of pensioner found in River Ock in Abingdon
- Man wearing beanie hat exposes himself to woman on city street