Councillors will be asked to welcome the introduction of free school meals for all children under seven next week.
Oxfordshire County Council’s John Howson, a Liberal Democrat, has put forward a motion for Tuesday’s meeting of all councillors to welcome the Government policy, which the council has no say over.
Bosses on the Conservative-led council have said the policy could leave it with a £300,000 to £500,000 shortfall, despite a pledge of £1.47m from the Government.
The council will meet at County Hall, Oxford from 10am. The public can attend.
Our top stories
- Oxfordshire detective is a contestant on Channel 4 survival show The Island with Bear Grylls
- Managing director Greig Box Turnbull to leave Oxford United at end of season
- Companies still signing up for jobs fair at Oxford Town Hall
- Hundreds will gather as soldier killed in Iraq is repatriated
- Staff and students celebrate actress's big win at the Golden Globes
- Inquests opened into death of couple who died in cottage fire on Blenheim Palace estate