Councillors will be asked to welcome the introduction of free school meals for all children under seven next week.
Oxfordshire County Council’s John Howson, a Liberal Democrat, has put forward a motion for Tuesday’s meeting of all councillors to welcome the Government policy, which the council has no say over.
Bosses on the Conservative-led council have said the policy could leave it with a £300,000 to £500,000 shortfall, despite a pledge of £1.47m from the Government.
The council will meet at County Hall, Oxford from 10am. The public can attend.
Our top stories
- Hundreds will gather as soldier killed in Iraq is repatriated
- Staff and students celebrate actress's big win at the Golden Globes
- Inquests opened into death of couple who died in cottage fire on Blenheim Palace estate
- Inquest opened into death of pensioner found in River Ock in Abingdon
- Man wearing beanie hat exposes himself to woman on city street
- Chain running Randolph Hotel in Oxford in 'best shape ever' after announcing £55m profit