Councillors will be asked to welcome the introduction of free school meals for all children under seven next week.
Oxfordshire County Council’s John Howson, a Liberal Democrat, has put forward a motion for Tuesday’s meeting of all councillors to welcome the Government policy, which the council has no say over.
Bosses on the Conservative-led council have said the policy could leave it with a £300,000 to £500,000 shortfall, despite a pledge of £1.47m from the Government.
The council will meet at County Hall, Oxford from 10am. The public can attend.
Our top stories
- Oxford United send match tickets to fans caught up in season ticket delay
- Five things you need to know in Oxfordshire today
- Management consultants Newton Europe named Business of the Year at 2016 Oxfordshire Business Awards
- Eating Weetabix and brown rice could help prevent an early death say experts
- VIDEO: Kerry Reeves' mother bravely faces her 'beautiful' daughter's killers in emotional tribute
- Prisons' shake-up will be at heart of today's Queen's Speech