Councillors will be asked to welcome the introduction of free school meals for all children under seven next week.
Oxfordshire County Council’s John Howson, a Liberal Democrat, has put forward a motion for Tuesday’s meeting of all councillors to welcome the Government policy, which the council has no say over.
Bosses on the Conservative-led council have said the policy could leave it with a £300,000 to £500,000 shortfall, despite a pledge of £1.47m from the Government.
The council will meet at County Hall, Oxford from 10am. The public can attend.
Our top stories
- Oxford United v Swindon Town - UPDATES
- CLARIFICATION: Hygiene report of Delight 2 in Didcot
- Man 'obsessed' with BBC journalist goes on trial after allegedly breaching restraining order against her
- Families urged to consider signing up for organ donation
- Oxford United send match tickets to fans caught up in season ticket delay
- Five things you need to know in Oxfordshire today